compatibility question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compatibility question

I am considering buying a ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0. I would like to use my original cpu and memory. I have checked the Asus site for the cpu list and there is a Phenom II 555 listed but it is a different serial number. The memory list is difficult for me to determine if either one of my memory will work. Any help would be appreciated.

Phenom II (x2) 555 Black Edition - HDZ555WFGMBOX

Gskill 2gb x2 F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO or Kingston 9905403-151.A00LF 2gb x2

Re: compatibility question

Your Phenom is good. The difference is one # is an OEM/Tray part number and the other # is Retail Box part number. See HERE.

Your listed G.Skill, F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO, memory kit is good too according to G.Skills Memory Configurator HERE.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
    X