UT2003 Help please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2003 Help please....

Alright I read your guide, but have a couple of questions.

1. To use the console for recording a demo or changing something else, what do you need to type beside the line.
    Everytime I type DemoRec demo1 for instance, it says unrecognized command. It does it with all the commands I tried.

2. You mention that if you type your name directly into the user.ini file that you can add characters that you can't use while typing it directly into the Player area. What characters are you referring too? I thought you might mean from the character map that comes with windows but I got an error on the ones I tried.

3. In the demo, I had read there was a tweak for ati cards only that you could utilize, but don't remember what it was. Have you heard that as well?

4. Final thing, can you get a fps reading on your game AFTER you have tweaked it. I know about the one you talked about, but I'm wondering how you test it to see how many more fps you get after you have turned some things off.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Trust me I've asked everyone and hope you can lead me in the right direction :).

1. The Demo function seems to be disabled and may have been enabled with the first patch (it was supposed to be). I haven't checked yet, but install the patch and try again. So basically the demo commands provided are correct but the functionality has been disabled so far.

2. Try other special characters from ASCII or the System font that are supported across all apps (not ones from special fonts like Wingdings etc.)

3. Haven't heard of an ATI tweak and to be serious I doubt one exists just for ATI cards. I assume this is a driver-related option which you can turn off/on which will help ATI owners.

4. Type Stat FPS in the console to see your fps. There is no way to see "how much more" you get from the tweaks. Simply run a map, see how many fps you get with the default settings and then adjust settings and see how it impacts on your overall fps.
    My Machine

Comment

Actually I tried all of those things with the patch already installed. :( Just when I start getting all the q3 stuff down, they use a different engine (heh although ut definitely has some amazing graphics)....boo hoo. Although I forgot to mention that your tweaks helped quite a bit. Although my system can run the game at full detail, I still turned off almost everything just because the feel of the game is better for me. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X