Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking To Buy New Case

Hey everybody,

I am looking to buy a new case, preferably no more than $75 and I would like to do mods to it also, like add a window and I've seen some cases with lights (can anyone explain that for me?) and different neat things.

The case I have now is fairly small and I have lots of stuff packed in and its just a big hassle.

Oh, and I've seen some cases with a thing on the front that displays the current temperature of the case/cpu and stuff and some that even list the time/date, I'm interested in that too.

I'm for sure this has been discussed before but I'm new here so thats my excuse :).

well getting a case that cheap is not a big deal the modding does not cost that much either. Window $20 light $25 and the lcd temp read out that your talking about you can get something like that from tigerdirect or something like that for only $20 thats the cool thing about modding it doesn't cost that much.....well it can depends on how much your into it. LIke this case i bought only $90 bucks at comp usa. Adding the modds was the fun part mostly put together ****

Comment

It depends on where you are located. If you live in the US go to www.directron.com they have the Cheiftec cases for arounf $60. Modding is fun if you have the time/tools. But if you don't own a jig saw or a dremel you could buy a side panel that they have over at www.directron.com that has a window pre-installed.

Comment

Thanks for the links. Is Directron reliable? Have you ordered from them before?

Comment

Quite a few US members buy from there. ;)

Comment

Look at newegg.com they have some nice case...but i believe directron has a bit more selection. Anyhow take a look at both.
            - Damien

Comment

Yes Directron is very reliable. I ordered my case, case fans, psu and AS3 from them. Very prompt shipping along with good packaging :thumb:

Comment

Don't forget to check out Xoxide.com They have some interesting mods, and for 1 hour on Sunday nights they have a crazy deal on one item. It's from 9-10 EST, and the item changes each time. Good luck!

Comment

I bought my case from directron.com and I think there great. Within the week I got the case with excelent packaging. Great prices too :D

Comment

Hey Wiggo, do you know of any cool stores like Directon here in Australia?

Comment

I don't know any as big as them but here's who I deal with. ;)
                      AusPCMarket Australia Online Store - Based in Sydney and with over 20 years experience, we offer fast delivery all across Australia

If I can't get what I want from Nth. Rocks Computer Markets then one or more of those 5 links get used. :)
                      This is an Aussie price search engine, http://www.razorprices.com/
                      I hope that helps ya out. :devil win
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks Wiggo, you are most helpful.

It seems I'm always looking for something 3 weeks before the PC Fair date,these sites look good.
                        Regards
                        Al

Comment

If I can't get what I want from Nth. Rocks Computer Markets then one or more of those 5 links get used
                          Where about is this place Wiggo (address would be great)? The way you commented about it makes it sounds like its either huge or chock full of pc goodies :)

Comment

It's at Nth. Rocks Westfield Shopping Centre Nth. Rocks Road but won't reopen now till the 12th January when the New Year Sales are over. ;)
                            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I've bought three. and have nothing but praise for them.

If your liking for a nice window check out:

for the window side replacement..................

Not bad and will in the budget you requested.......

GL

Comment

Working...
                              X