Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms'Xp now Linux?

Greetings TT Members!

I currently using XP-pro with SP1 on my computer but with every :devil: problem i have to install SP1 & SP2 to office xp and get sp1 for outlook i soon give up if i don't know if i should go for win2k or linux?

My current computer (thats is an female computer) is an P2/celeron 500mhz with an slot of 128MB ram until i get my job so i can buy an better computer.

Anyone here know if i can disable services in win2k?, I never got linux GUI work on my older computer's but that was cult-time. My graphic cards today is Gf4 and an intel 810 chipset. What should i go for free linuxversion that are stabil? Any linux version that actually can run windowsprograms or any free software to it? Or should i actually go for Amiga OS again?

Rezpect/Zeuz :wave:

Well I was never a fan of 2K so I can't say but you may like to check this thread out if you havn't already, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=5925, on Linux. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ummmm...depends on how much and fast you wish to learn how everything works...if your up for a challenge then i suggest Slackware, or if you want to take it slow, RedHat or Mandrake...

also, to run windows programs (games?) you'll want to install Wine or WineX
      At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Yeah if you can get winex to work..I keep on getting a deadlock and nothing happens....

Comment

btw, the difference between Wine and Winex is:

Wine is better for running programs
          WineX is better for running games.

From the sounds of it, the one you'd be after is Wine..
          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

WineX is what I try to use

Comment

Does anyone have winex successfully runnign with an ATI graphics card using ATI Drivers..I can not get it to work for the life of me...

Comment

I got a Celeron 433 running with 196meg of ram working fine with Win2k. Just make sure you apply Service Pack 3, strip out useless services and itll fly. Ive had it running Linux, but it started to buckle under pressure when loading KDE3/Gnome. More ram fixed its problem, but ive since given that machine to my sisterd. Still going strong with Win2k. And its only got a ****ty TNT2 and an ata/66 hdd/controller. She plays War3 everynight without hassles.

Comment

Check out this site .......www.blackviper.com

He has guides to disabling services in xp and windows 2k.:shoot2:

Comment

ATi have just released a new linux driver, only available in rpm format ATM.
                    Get the goodies here.
                    p-two.net

Comment

Working...
                    X