My modded setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My modded setup

P4 1.6Ghz w/Thermaltake P4 Dragon heatsink & 3 speed fan set on low(3000rpm)
    Intel D845WN w/Thermaltake Tiger Orb chipset heatsink & fan
    768MB PC133 RAM
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Western Digital 20GB 7200rpm HDD
    Visiontek G4 Ti4600 w/Thermaltake P4 Copper VGA heatsink,fan, & RAMsinks
    Creative SB X-Gamer Live 5.1
    Creative Inspire 4.1 Speakers
    Creative 52x CD-Rom
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Powmax 500 watt dual fan PSU
    Viewsonic G810 21" monitor
    All aluminum case w/3 front & 1 side intake fans & 2 exhaust fans
    Artic Silver was used on all heatsinks for maximum cooling
    This setup allows for the following temps:
    CPU idle = 27c
    System idle = 26c
    Full load CPU = 36c
    Full load System = 34c
    This is before overclocking anything....I am working on finding a stable OC'd setup.......Also waiting for work bonus to upgrade MB, CPU & memory(pc1066)

Nice setup there :thumb:. I like the indow, not fond of the front of the case, but thats just me ;) Also the temps sound nice :thumb:

Comment

A nice clean installation there. :thumb:

Comment

Thanks. I spent some time zip tying all the wires as much out of sight as possible. I wish that video cards would be made the other way so you could show off the heatsink and RAMsinks. If you have a beast of a card why not be able to see it. If you have a window of course.

Comment

Not sure how it would work with air flow thru the case, but you could put a mirror below it. You could get a metal mirror, and put it at a 45 just below the VC and this would show it off, upside down, but you'd see it. Course this will only work if you don't have other cards in the way. Just an idea.:afro:

{EDIT} Also, I hate cords, if it were my desk I'd have to do something about the cords under the desk too!

Nice setup by the way!

Comment

Very nice setup, i like the window and the bright lights and its real neat. That mirror that Carb mentioned would reflect the cathodes making the case even brighter...which i think is cool.
            - Damien

Comment

I only have 2 cards in my system, video & sound, and as seen in the picture I have plenty of room between the 2. I am going to try Corb's idea(thanks) of adding a mirror. I will post pics when I get it done.

Comment

Just signed up

My setup

case

Comment

Just signed up

My setup

case

Comment

mrfin,

Just for a clarification of terms, I think that you mean that you customized your machine, you didn't really mod it. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but doesn't modding involve cutting, painting, and otherwise physically modifying your components?

If you want to mod your case I'd suggest painting the faces of your CD driver to give the front of the machine a uniform look. Also, I have thermaltake heatsink and I unscrewed the grill and rotated it so that the "Tt" were right-side-up when you look in the window. That's an easy change that you could make.

It's still a sweet setup, however. Nothing personal, it's just that I've seen a lot of people saying how they mod their cases when in fact they have built custom boxes. I really dig the LED fans, I recently got some myself and I think they're one of the coolest and simplest ways to make your case that much cooler. I wish I had the coin to drop on such a sweet box, good work.

Comment

Corduroy - I agree with you definition of modding - I have always understood it to mean physically altering you case or components.

Mrfin - Sweet setup, I too have a thing for LED fans. You case woudl look much sweeter if you were to paint you drive faces - If I were you I would either go for black, or silver - and dont forget the clearcoat! Shiny things are sweeeeet.

I know there is a thread around here somewhere about how to take you drives apart to paint the faces - it is pretty easy to do.

If you do wind up doing some mods you yoru case, I would love to see them - Please post em'!

:thumb:

Comment

Whether it is has been truly modded or not, it's still a nice setup :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                        X