SanDisk Extreme II 240GB 6-Drive SSD RAID Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SanDisk Extreme II 240GB 6-Drive SSD RAID Report

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "SanDisk Extreme II 240GB 6-Drive SSD RAID Report"

Re: SanDisk Extreme II 240GB 6-Drive SSD RAID Report

OMG, what a great review!! I was waiting for some work from you Jon, since you joined TTown, nice!!

SO glad you went with the Lynx Point, Intel IRST RAID, rather than the LSI SAS for this review, since... uhm, I have Lynx point, as I imagine more users do rather than a SAS system. Plus I have a SanDisk Extreme II 480GB as my latest OS drive... just sayin'.

IMO, this review just wraps up all you need to know about multi-SSD RAID, stripe sizes, and multi-drive scaling. Plus testing an OS volume at 75% full, how dare you test real world situations, no candy coating in this review!

What's this, blasphemy! "The 840 Pro is what I call a "Benchmark Babe" because it wins all the benchmarks that don't matter." That is hilarious, but your numbers don't lie.. although you could ask, where's the EVO?

The Toshiba Q Series Pro is a sleeper SSD that's not appreciated much IMO, almost bought one for a price so close to that of the SanDisk Extreme II, but the warranty difference put the SanDisk Extreme II in my PC. The Seagate 600 Pro is another sleeper SSD IMO, time to spread our business around people, Samsung has plenty of our money already!

Looking forward to more from you Jon, thanks much!!

Comment

Working...
    X