Asrock Fatal1ty 990fx Killer - Problem with NIC and internet speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Fatal1ty 990fx Killer - Problem with NIC and internet speed

Just starting using Asrock Fatal1ty 990fx Killer in my new pc . The motherboard comes with a Killer e2200 NIC. I installed windows8.1 and installed the drivers which came with the cd . After the installation my Internet Connection is misbehaving. I have lower bandwidth ( from around 10 mbps to 2 mbps) and also i have download limit around 200kbps. Tried to download the latest drivers from the Driver Downloads | Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. but that didnt change anything.

I just want my NIC to act like a normal NIC without gaming advantages and of course without those limits in my internet connection.

Anyone had that problem before ??

Thanks in advance

Re: Asrock Fatal1ty 990fx Killer - Problem with NIC and internet speed

Down these Killer e2200 driver from ASrock. The ones one your CD are out of date for windows 8.1, however the nic should work with a clean windows install. I just replaced my ahem (cough Sabertooth R2) with this motherboard. Don't ask long story. The drivers below have given me no issue even with running the killer software.

I just reread your posts. Please do install the latest drivers I posted. THen we can address your bandwidth issues. Sounding like you have bandwidth control enabled in the killer software, just need to change a couple things there, but some previous versions of the killer software have issues with win 8.1

ASRock > Fatal1ty 990FX Killer

Let me know if this resolves the problem.
    Last edited by mtrai; 04-26-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X