Intel 530 180GB Two-Drive SSD RAID Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 530 180GB Two-Drive SSD RAID Report

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Intel 530 180GB Two-Drive SSD RAID Report"

Re: Intel 530 180GB Two-Drive SSD RAID Report

Nice Jon, once again a both informative and educational review. Educational in multiple ways, but mostly to show how variable SSDs can be in different areas of performance, and that one SSD is never "the best" in all aspects. It's a shame we can't get more enthusiasts away from what I call the one benchmark only performance standard. Testing with these RAID volumes at 75% full is a great way to show more real world performance, even with synthetic benchmarks, thanks for that.

I bought a 240GB 530 for a great price a couple months ago, a shame you didn't have two of those to test the results would have been a little better as you know. As you said, more of a mainstream SSD, but being an Intel fan and a 520 user I wanted one to add to my collection. It was replaced by a Sandisk Extreme II (or two) which boots an OS faster than the 530 and is equal to my 840 Pro and EVO in boot time, the three fastest booting SSDs I've ever used. Nothing like using an all SSD system, with SSDs like the Samsung 830, Intel 520, original Sandisk Extreme, among others as storage drives.

The Seagate 600 Pro and Toshiba Q Pro SSDs are two sleeper SSDs that don't get enough attention by enthusiasts.

Keep up the great work!

Comment

Working...
    X