Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEGACY FREE MOTHERBOARD and Mandrake/Linux9 fix??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEGACY FREE MOTHERBOARD and Mandrake/Linux9 fix??

Hi people:)

I have ABIT A7T ..........NO PS/2

I have logitech USB K/B and mouse.....

Linux setup (Bootdisk or CD ) does not find it ..or activate...?

ie: I have no K/B or mouse working in Linux setup.....

Can not install naturally....

Thanks;)

You might have to try a manual (text mode) install, see if there is a usb enabled kernel you can boot, slackware has one so mandrake might.
    p-two.net

Comment

Originally posted by Bern
      You might have to try a manual (text mode) install, see if there is a usb enabled kernel you can boot, slackware has one so mandrake might.
      Thank you

I read abit about PS2 kernel EDITS somewhere, I am not real good at that sort of thing.....

:D

Comment

I know that my to enable USB Keyboard in my system i need to enable it in BIOS. You might want to give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
          I know that my to enable USB Keyboard in my system i need to enable it in BIOS. You might want to give it a shot.
          Tried that thanks...both OS and BIOS.no diff.

Anyone have a LEGACY FREE MOTHERBOARD...no PS/2 :)

Thank you..

Peter

Comment

This post over at linuxquestions.org might shed some light onto the situation. I can see it working in Mandrake9, it *Should* find your USB mouse fine, ive never had MDK fail to detect a usb mouse on me before. From there you again *should* be able to select a custom kernel to install as your default boot kernel.

I know Slackware lets you do it, but Slack doesnt use a graphical installer, and, funnily enough, ive never tried selecting any options during the slack install process with my mouse before. Now im curious..... :?:

Anyway, assuming MDK lets you select a custom kernel to install, your next boot should detect your USB devices and let you use your keyboard. The second post at linuxquestions.org i linked to tells you how to set root's password. When he says 'at boot prompt' he means you press LeftShift before linux starts loading. Then type the command needed to get into single-user mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
              This post over at linuxquestions.org might shed some light onto the situation. I can see it working in Mandrake9, it *Should* find your USB mouse fine, ive never had MDK fail to detect a usb mouse on me before. From there you again *should* be able to select a custom kernel to install as your default boot kernel.

I know Slackware lets you do it, but Slack doesnt use a graphical installer, and, funnily enough, ive never tried selecting any options during the slack install process with my mouse before. Now im curious..... :?:

Anyway, assuming MDK lets you select a custom kernel to install, your next boot should detect your USB devices and let you use your keyboard. The second post at linuxquestions.org i linked to tells you how to set root's password. When he says 'at boot prompt' he means you press LeftShift before linux starts loading. Then type the command needed to get into single-user mode.
              Thank you very much, I shall go have a look right now!

Thanks people;)

Comment

Bummer:(

might work with PS2/USB motherboard...

does not work with USB one though:(

:)

HeeeeeeeeeLP.... .....hehehe.....weeeeeeeeee

Comment

Working...
                X