How to change 4-in-1 installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change 4-in-1 installation

OK, friend of mine recently installed XP. wasnt' sure what he was doing. when he installed the 4-in-1 drivers, he didn't pick turbo mode.. how do you go back and rectify this? I tried re-installing the 4in1's for him, but it didn't give the option the second time..

The only way I've found (and the best way) is a clean install. ;)
    <center> </center>

Comment

apart from that.. installin XP isn't that much fun.,. though he could do with the experience...

Comment

Have a look-see at the readme. I think you can force turbo mode with a command line switch of some sort.

else just uninstall/rollback to the MS drivers and try again.

Of course, the chance of this causing more harm than good increases....still, experiance....

Comment

yesss... he could do with the eXPerience
          SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
          Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Originally posted by SileNceR
            yesss... he could do with the eXPerience
            I laughed at that too...

i say, to hell with experience, after all the trouble i had with dual monitor setups on winxp/2k/2kserver ROLL BACK to win98 (fukn worked first go didn't it! )

Comment

well thanks guys.. just what I needed to hear.. :D

actually, i did a bit of searching around.. found out that if you run the setup file with the parameters -s -u, it will uninstall the AGP driver.. so i've passed that on to him and i'll see how it goes.

Comment

95 is the only 1 I ever got to work first time:rolleyes:
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

thats sad... :toung:

Comment

Well, I should add 3.1 to that short list too
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

What about DOS ?

From memory, you won't get the option to install the AGP drivers at all under XP since they're already installed. I'm probably be wrong about that, been a while since I've done it ! I mentioned this in another thread somewhere too but I've read that you can run the 4 in 1 setup under 2000 compatibility mode and it will install the AGP drivers, therefore giving you the option to select "turbo mode". I haven't tried this myself so I don't know if it works.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                      X