PDA

View Full Version : What card to get

RichardK
11-07-2002, 03:37 AM
i have a geforce 3 but i am experiecing Framerate problems in games. I have tried everything but i want to get a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro . Is this the best card to get? What do you guys think?

RDR
11-07-2002, 03:52 AM
The 9700Pro is currently the fastest card available - & from the reveiws I've seen, just about every mfg'er makes a good one (with the same clocks) so price and availability should be the determining factor
the next nVidia card should beat the Radeon by a considerable margin - but it hasn't been released yet - and depending on who you listen too, may not be in stores until sometime between Jan and Mar 03.
the GF4Ti4600 is still a very fast card - and the prices have been dropping lately - so that may be a option for you as well

Wiggo
11-07-2002, 09:55 AM
Your problem could also be caused by the drivers. Head over to http://www.guru3d.com/files/ as they have a large selection of nVidia drivers and one just may cure your problem. ;)
<center>:cheers:</center>

saidin
11-08-2002, 07:45 AM
also you want to make sure that your mobo drivers/bios are up to date...confilcts with the different chipsets can cause different problems...just anotherthing to check out!
:thumb:

{PoSeIdOnAs}
11-14-2002, 03:41 PM
gowith their suggestions.....they are exactly what u should do :)

as for buying new vid card......

wait for NV30...... :) that's all I got to say.

the Gef3 is a decent card in itself........ im sure u can still pull it off......

note i am using a voodoo5 still.......i can wait :).......for NV30 (when Crucial or Gainward/Leadtek release it.....)

pga1234
11-14-2002, 06:45 PM
It depends. If you truly cannot wait till the NV30 comes out and drops in price a bit get the Radeon. But if you don't NEED it right away wait till the NV30 :thumb:

JediAgent
11-14-2002, 07:09 PM
What are you getitng framerate problems in anyway?
List some PC specs while your at it...