Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question ..

Hi all ( and Wiggo, for all your advice :D ) ,

After finally getting my sys stable , I`d like to mod my case a bit . I have some generic aluminium case , cant find a make anywhere on it or its box ( got it from the sys barebones builder )

I`d like to get a pre-made panel for it , havent got the tools to cut the case. The side panel dimensions are 17.5cms long by 16 cms high.

My questions :

1 Do all side panels for equal size cases fit each other the same ? Are they generic ?

2 If so , I`ve seen a few sites with pre-made panels , but any hot sites recommended on here ?

3 I`d like to make the sys as quiet as possible . I`m going to try Akasa Pax mate soundproofing to try and deaden the sound internally. Reviews dont suggest this raises system or CPU temp much . My fan is pretty quiet and the PSU has a low speed fan setting to reduce noise also . However , its not silent . Is there any solution to the PSU venting noise which still allows airflow out ?

Cheers ,

Gerry ( currently playing Battlefield 1942 at last with no probs ) :flames:

A side panel would have to come from the same manufacturer to fit. Everybody makes them a little different. Ask the builder who the manufacturer is. Surely you have a friend who has a drill and a sabre saw (hand held jigsaw). That is all you need to install a window.

Some of the venting noise you mention is probably turbulance from passing through the grill on the back of the psu. The factory designs often are fairly obstructive. You could mod the psu to have a wire grill fan guard which might disturb the airflow less.

Comment

Hi again ,

Thanks for that advice. The PAX mate has made some difference but not loads. The CPU fan I chose as a pretty quiet one and it is. The PSU I only bought recently in an effort to stabilise my system..I`m reluctant to switch it. Its not too bad anyway, but the source of most of the noise. I`m going to look at the grill etc later..I`ll keep u posted:devil:

Gerry

Comment

Working...
      X