Codac driver question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codac driver question

Here is the short version..Wifes hdd crashed on her compaq.I installed a new hdd and tried the recovery disk.it was a no go.Installed windows and tried the recovery disk.Still no go.Everything seems to work with windows installed drivers except the sound.Went to compaq and downloaded the driver softpack.Installed it using the self extract program.It gives me an error messages that says "No Codac driver installed" .What do I need to do now??.I hate this compaq.:(

When the driver pack self-extracted, did it create a directory for the drivers? If it did, try doing an "update driver" in device manager and pointing it to that directory. You could also uninstall any audio devices, run the driver pack again, and reboot. Don't know if these ideas will fix it, but that's what I would try.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I tried all of that.Under device manager it shows that the drivers are loaded and working properly,but I still have no sound.The Codec error may be from the Windows ME installation,and not the driver pack,but I'm unsure.It is now giving me an eror message that says about 6 files are missing.I may have to re-install ME and try it again....thanks.:)

Comment

i had a similar problem with a packard bell PC using win98se.

i ended up gettin drivers from the motherboard makers site, as it was a gigabyte board using onboard sound... that fixed the problem

Comment

It finally went. I have no idea why it started working or why it didnt the first time. Windows ME can be kinda flakey at time.

Comment

Glad you got it working :thumb:
            Installing Windows twice seems to be a common neccessity. About 80+% of the time I'd estimate.

I'd say your experience is par for the course:confused:
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

This is what gives most Win9x oses a bad rep for stability (though ME has a few added extras which I havn't worked out yet) and is caused by Windows not loading certain drivers at setup thus without these other drivers/software will give buggy stability and eventually hose the system. A full write up and simple fix on it can be found here. ;)
              And after all this time Microsoft will still not fix this prob thru Windows Update which would be very simple for them to do plus it would save me 5mins everytime I install one. :(
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

On occasion I have even had to pulla card,and install it in another slot for it to be recognized.I can then put it back in the original slot.gotta love this plug and pray stuff..lol

Comment

Working...
                X