On Startup message - Looking for PCI thermal Device controler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Startup message - Looking for PCI thermal Device controler

My P67 Extreme6 was acting strange. It would get all the way fired up then anything USB would freeze up, Mouse, Keyboard.
    Before the next restart I unplugged everything USB except the mouse and Keyboard.
    It started up fine, no problem but after a minute a window up showing it was searching for a "PCI Device Thermal control Driver.
    The nigh before I installed HWIFO64.exe. Could that have cased the problem.
    Also this past week or so I have had me PCU temps going real high while gaming Like 92 degrees. My normal for gaming is around 60 - idle 43.
    Could I have missing the proper driver for the PCI Device thermal control.
    I did replace the thermal paste on CPU a few days ago, still testing!
    But I wonder if using HWIFO.exe had something to do with USB Failure and windows looking for the PCI Device Thermal control driver.

Any Suggestions

My Specs
    ASRock P67 Extreme6
    i5-2500k
    16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) + 2 x 8GB
    DDR3 1866
    Thermaltake 750W
    OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G - windows 7
    Seagate Momentus XT ST750LX003 Hybrid Drive Games
    750GB 7200 RPM
    Hitachi - HDT725032VLA360
    HITACHI Deskstar T7K500 HDT7250
    Western Digital WD1001FALS-00J7B0 1TB

Re: On Startup message - Looking for PCI thermal Device controler

Originally posted by WillyG View Post
    My P67 Extreme6 was acting strange. It would get all the way fired up then anything USB would freeze up, Mouse, Keyboard.
    Before the next restart I unplugged everything USB except the mouse and Keyboard.
    It started up fine, no problem but after a minute a window up showing it was searching for a "PCI Device Thermal control Driver.
    The nigh before I installed HWIFO64.exe. Could that have cased the problem.
    Also this past week or so I have had me PCU temps going real high while gaming Like 92 degrees. My normal for gaming is around 60 - idle 43.
    Could I have missing the proper driver for the PCI Device thermal control.
    I did replace the thermal paste on CPU a few days ago, still testing!
    But I wonder if using HWIFO.exe had something to do with USB Failure and windows looking for the PCI Device Thermal control driver.

Any Suggestions

My Specs
    ASRock P67 Extreme6
    i5-2500k
    16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) + 2 x 8GB
    DDR3 1866
    Thermaltake 750W
    OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G - windows 7
    Seagate Momentus XT ST750LX003 Hybrid Drive Games
    750GB 7200 RPM
    Hitachi - HDT725032VLA360
    HITACHI Deskstar T7K500 HDT7250
    Western Digital WD1001FALS-00J7B0 1TB
    I've used HWiNFO64 for years, with boards ranging from Intel 4 series chipsets to Intel 9 series chipsets. I have never had any problems that could be blamed on it. All it does is read system information and the board's sensor chip. It is a coincidence that your problems seemed to occur when you installed HWiNFO64. Actually its main information display could help you discover what is wrong with the PC.

It is probably not a coincidence that your problems started after you replaced the thermal paste on your CPU cooler. You may have bumped into something on the board and damaged it, power supply cables became unseated, etc.

It doesn't sound like you just installed Windows, so how could a driver that Windows is suddenly looking for not have been installed? The PCI Device Thermal control driver you mentioned is not an individual driver you can download and install, although I have heard of it.

Questions, what BIOS version are you using, and did you do a BIOS update recently?

Have you checked Device Manager, the USB controllers entry, for possible problems? What other USB devices are you using?

At a command prompt, type in msinfo32 and press enter. Open up the Components section, and check Problem Devices and USB. You should also check Hardware Resources, checking each entry for everything listed, the Status should be OK. Also check Storage, for anything listed in Problem Devices, and in Software Environment, open the Windows Error Reporting and scroll down for the latest error log entries.

Comment

Working...
    X