what does this error mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does this error mean?

Hey whenever I am surfung the net I get a blue screen of death that displays an error. when I reboot it says the following:

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 00000578 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
    BCP4 : F2A5EC1C OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

anyone know what this may be?
    HP Pavilion t720m
    Audigy ZS
    Geforce 5600 Ultra
    2x 80 GIG external drives
    Cable Modem

I would think the actual error message would be on the BSD itself.
    I believe the second line of the message you are seeing is the reference to the OS being booted.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

just when I thought everything was ok and SP1 fixed a few weird problems I got this error (see attachment). Also all *.txt and *.doc files look just like the showdesktop icon on the image, no application associated with them to open them. Any ideas as to why this is happening? All I did was install office XP on saturday...I did got a couple of disk checks at startup. It said tht one of my drives need to be checked for consistency....

What commands do I need to enter to use the recovery console and repair the registry?

Please help me out!
      HP Pavilion t720m
      Audigy ZS
      Geforce 5600 Ultra
      Cable Modem

Comment

I take it then that you installed SP1 on a well used system then? :?:

If so I hope that you had everything backed up as SP1 should only be installed on clean installations IMO as the more clutter you have the greater the chance of a system wipe. I've had so many here lately like that and the chances of saving info is very hard as a lot gets corrupted. :(
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

my friend I have made so many clean installations of XP , that I can't remember how many i have made!

here we go again.

1.I do a clean install of XP on a primary partition.
          2.Update windows and drivers.
          3.install office xp and update it.
          4.everything is great until one day XP checks the HDdrive for consitency at startup.
          5. Then one day system registry is corrupted and I get this message:

"One of the files containing the sustem's registrydata had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. the recovery was succesful."

6.The show desktop icon and all the *.txt and *.doc files are then not associated with any application. and many other programs won't open correctly and the system starts to get all kinds of errors when running applications.
          7. I get frustrated and reinstall. And the process starts all over again.

Man can someone help me out with this I need help. I have to reinstall XP every 15 days or so.

I have tried changing jumper settings on the HDD and the other IDE drives and also Flashed the BIOS. Please spend some time helping me out with this. I am sure there is a hardware problem causing this. What do you think?
          HP Pavilion t720m
          Audigy ZS
          Geforce 5600 Ultra
          Cable Modem

Comment

If you think it is a hardware problem, how about some hardware info? What ide devices do you have hooked to what channels? Master/slave config? Bios and Windows settings for ide.

Comment

ok, I have on IDE1 the HDD as master a maxtor 40gig 5400 rpm. and on IDE2 I have DVD master and cd-rw as slave. The mobo is a biostar mv7kd latest award bios. not sure what version it was but it was the latest available from the manufacturer's website. Oh it has a VIA chipset and I installed 4.41 all in one driver. Not sure of what you mean about windows settings for IDE...?....thanks for your reply.!!!
              HP Pavilion t720m
              Audigy ZS
              Geforce 5600 Ultra
              Cable Modem

Comment

Attached is an example of Windows settings for ide. In your bios settings, is the hard drive selected as the first boot device? I have on rare occasions seen a system go haywire with the ide when cd-rom is the first boot device and is rebooted with a cd in the drive. Is S.M.A.R.T. enabled in the bios? Does auto-detect set the correct parameters for your drive in the bios? Is plug-and-play os selected?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjackusa
                  Attached is an example of Windows settings for ide. In your bios settings, is the hard drive selected as the first boot device? I have on rare occasions seen a system go haywire with the ide when cd-rom is the first boot device and is rebooted with a cd in the drive. Is S.M.A.R.T. enabled in the bios? Does auto-detect set the correct parameters for your drive in the bios? Is plug-and-play os selected?
                  ide1 looks exaclty like yours

ide2 different,

current transfer mode multiword dma mode 2

HDD is set to be first boot device on BIOS
                  S.M.A.R.T. is not supported or I couldn't find it. where is it supposed to be.
                  autodetect works well all cd-r and hdd are detected
                  Plug & Play selected

thanks for reply m8
                  HP Pavilion t720m
                  Audigy ZS
                  Geforce 5600 Ultra
                  Cable Modem

Comment

if you are reinstalling that many times i'd run scandisk and do a complete check on the hard drive. also make sure your have an up to date virus scanner. Possible that one of your files on your of your floppy diks or whatever you are saving your office info has a virus on it destroying files at random.

Comment

Also most hard drive manufacturers have testing software for download so you can better test the drive for errors. ;)
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yeah, I forgot to mention that I already didi that, I used maxtor's hdd disk recertification utility. the drive is ok. Now for viruses I use system suite 4, which uses pc-cillin software and virus updates. Up to date too. :confused:
                        HP Pavilion t720m
                        Audigy ZS
                        Geforce 5600 Ultra
                        Cable Modem

Comment

If your mobo supports S.M.A.R.T., it would be in the "advanced "section of the bios.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjackusa
                            If your mobo supports S.M.A.R.T., it would be in the "advanced "section of the bios.

It doesn't support it. You think that is the problem?

I read somewhere on the theads that there is a problem with single memory sticks. I have one single 512 mb stick.
                            HP Pavilion t720m
                            Audigy ZS
                            Geforce 5600 Ultra
                            Cable Modem

Comment

I don't think that is the problem, I had mentioned that in reference to all of your settings and you asked where it was. As for the memory, there are far fewer problems with 1 stick than with multiple sticks. How are you connecting to go online? Could the problem be with the nic or modem?

Comment

Working...
                              X