• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS Hot Pursuit 2

Great graphics man .Top cars that drive well too

What more could you want in a drive sim ??:confused:

Topspeed :301 kph Clk :D

I got a copy of the game last week and haven't really stopped playing it since. IMO it has got to be one of the best driving sims in a long while.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

It's a beautiful game that's for sure. For those of you who want to play without the CD in your drive, try the following:

Go here and download the No-CD patch at the very bottom of the screen (the one by gimpsRus).

Then copy the following directories (and contents) off your NFS CD and put them under your "Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2" directory:

\actors
      \AI
      \Audio
      \Cars
      \Movies
      \Particle
      \Tracks

Then back up your NFSHP2.exe file and replace it with the No-CD version and everything should load up fine from HD now.

PS - does anyone know how to properly read the .asf music files under the Audio directory? WMP won't recognise them (they're obviously protected) I want to convert them to .mp3 and burn/listen to em :)
      My Machine

Comment

yeah good game but i wouldnt call it a sim more like a Arcade game it's pure fun. no realism no physics what so ever but great selection of cars and tracks.

want a sim go play viper racing still the best racing game IMHO :smokin:

Comment

Yeah busted fenders , wheels falling of would be more fun still

eh :afro:

Comment

Yeah it would. I havent had a chance to play it but I want to :).

Comment

In case anyone is interested, there's an application for listening to and converting the audio tracks in games like NFSHP2. It's called Game Audio Player, it's free and it works.
              My Machine

Comment

thnx PI

i like the tracks been wanting them :)

:afro:

Comment

Yeh it is good but I don't like a few things, NFS 3 Hot Pursuit still has many features not included in this version, like the ability to change the weather, time, gear ratio, steering speed, grip, cutomizable number plates etc.. Some of the cars seem to handle like its a boat. In NFS 3 there was a split screen option so 2 players could play on the one computer on the same keyboard, the multiplayer also had head to head, hot pursuit multiplayer which is one major part of the game missing IMO. I guess thats what cost cutting does inside EA. To me it seems a bit unfinished compared to the features in the original NFS 3 hot pursuit which is much better in gameplay than this version
                  Robbo

Comment

Also here are some cheat or tweaks in the track.ini and cars.ini files, altering these can save you having to complete many races for points to unlock tracks and cars.
                    here is an example

[track2]
                    name=Parkland
                    displayName=kTxtScenicDriveT13
                    id=2
                    loop=0
                    trackDescrip=kTxtIntermediate
                    m_price[0]=12500
                    m_price[1]=12500
                    m_price[2]=12500
                    m_price[3]=12500
                    length=12.4

This is track 2 of the tracks.ini file.
                    the [0] = normal
                    the [1] = backwards
                    the [2] = mirror
                    and the [3] = backwards mirror
                    the value after that is the price you have to pay to unlock the track you can change it to any value you want so if you only wanted to pay 10 points it'd look something like this

[track2]
                    name=Parkland
                    displayName=kTxtScenicDriveT13
                    id=2
                    loop=0
                    trackDescrip=kTxtIntermediate
                    m_price[0]=10
                    m_price[1]=10
                    m_price[2]=10
                    m_price[3]=10
                    length=12.4

the cars.ini file will have many cars like this

[car0]
                    name=911t
                    mfrname=kTxtPORSCHE
                    displayname=kTxt911Turbo
                    class=3
                    traffic=false
                    price=10
                    nfsprice=10
                    stat0to60ID=kTxt911Turbo_0to60
                    statTSID=kTxt911Turbo_TS
                    statTSKPHID=kTxt911Turbo_TSKPH
                    statHPID=kTxt911Turbo_BHP

as you can see for the price and nfs price I've changed the value to 10 so it costs me 10 points to unlock these cars.
                    Do this to all cars and tracks in the respective .ini files and you'll have some VERY nice cars quickly and easily:thumb:
                    Hope that helps someone
                    Robbo

Comment

I tried out the game with a "Class" cracked version.... If I buy the game and install on top will it let me Multiplayer it with my friend on the lan ??? Currently we cannot Multiplayer but we like it so much we want to be able to play together and would gladly pay the price ... however ther is no uninstall for it . Do I just deleate the directory and hope the new one fixes any errors in the registry?
                      With this version of the game it does not ask me for a CD Key. Thus If I bought one then how would it let me install it?

Comment

its a great game!!i dont own a copy of the full version but i played the demo:thumb: i like the ford ts50:D it is the best driving game i eva played after gta3 which is also a killa game lods of cars
                        heeps of tracks
                        many stunts and jumps
                        wat more would u want:confused:
                        but he only thing a found crap is the computer sometimes cheats!!! :flames:
                        i mean WTF
                        :shoot3:
                        I GIVE DIS 9/10: peace:

Comment

am having problems with this game :mad: when i go to multiplayer,i connect to a server and when the loading line finishes...................THE F*********** GAMES FREEZES UP!!!!!!!!!
                          ,any help on this cause i would surely like to play it online(it's a bought game with legit key)

Comment

i had the same dillema wif seroius sam 2 but i finally figured out it was becoz of running programs like kaaza or msn messenger try turning all the programs that u ar running the try it;)

Comment

Glad you guys liked the game. It was a pain to create. I contracted the last 1/4 of the production. They requred all of us to work 7 days a week, 10 to 12 hours M-F, then 8 to 10 hours on the weekend. this went on for about four months or more. We had an incredibly short deadline because EA didn't want to pay much for the game. When we finished they closed down the studio. EA Seattle is no more after all those years. They have a Canadian studio taking over racing, because costs are so much cheaper out of country.

So I'm glad a lot of you like the game, but I'm bummed EA is making money off it after treating the studio so poorly.

KV

Comment

Working...
                              X