No Sound With PowerDVD 4.0 And pioneer slot dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sound With PowerDVD 4.0 And pioneer slot dvd

Ive recently bought a Slot Loading DVD and downloaded the trial of power dvd. I can ge the video up but the sound isnt working. I was wonder is that because its a trial version or is there something ive missed when pluggin it in?

Any help Please?

Check in PowerDVD and see what your audio settings are. I had a problem myself with PowerDVD where it was trying to output sound to the digital output on my card, which I don't have. Make sure they are set to Wave out or something similar...

Also make sure that nothing is muted in your Volume settings for Windows...

Finally, just out of curiosity (not sure if this effects it or not), did you plug in the audio cable from the back of your DVD drive to your soundcard / motherboard?

Comment

Just a note - the "audio cable" on the back of cdroms/burners/dvds, are for analog audio, and most drives support DAE (Digital Audio Extraction) these days, therefore, you can actually listen to CDs without the cable at all, as long as you can tell your CD playing app to use DAE not Analog (seems silly going from Digital storage>analog signal>digital sound processor>analog output...

thats a lot of DACs and ADCs

Comment

Working...
      X