How can I record phone conversations using a PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I record phone conversations using a PC

I know theres a way because I've heard live prank phone call shows online , how would I go about this ? I'd guess something to do with a voice/fax modem ? I need to record some phone convorsations for legal reasons and dont want to buy a $200+ recorder

.. This doesn't belong in the BG, but after thinking about it, I don't know where it'll go. It could be Internet / Networking, could be Audio / Visual, or could be Applications. So I'll leave it here and let someone else decide.

I remember back in the old days I had a modem that had a speaker / microphone port on the side, and the software bundled with it allowed me to use my computer as a phone and record the call. I've never seen any software since that does it, and I can't remember what it was called. :( But there are software solutions available.

Comment

" .. This doesn't belong in the BG, but after thinking about it, I don't know where it'll go. It could be Internet / Networking, could be Audio / Visual, or could be Applications. So I'll leave it here and let someone else decide. "

I had a hard time deciding where it would belong , sorry

Comment

OK what you are hearing is a very simple device its about 15 bucks it plugs into the cord of the hand set so you plug one end into the phone and the thing has a plug in it for the handset cord then there is another connector that has a regular end like a small headphone jack that can be plugged into your computer then you can record stuff onto your computer by recording the line in... i dont have a pic of it but you can take a look on ebay.com and find what it can look like. As far as being legal goes in most places you cant record conversations unless the other person knows about it well you can but if you want to use it in a court room then you cant use it as evidance and so on...

Comment

you can get a simple electronic device ('bug') that u can put in the phone itself...it will transmit the conversation to a radio, via a microphone on the PCB...

costs around $15 for the parts, DIY construction...

mmm its highly illegal though...

Comment

Hmmm... I really think I'm going to need invest in one of these. :D
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

your local Dick Smith store would be your best bet. :thumb:

im not sure what frequency it transfers to on the radio, or if it overides all others...not quite sure, i never fully completed mine, got up to the tuning part and school ran out.

Comment

Working...
              X