video card overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video card overclocking

So I'm not able to overclock my cpu. Oh well. Maybe I'll be more lucky with my video card. I have Crucial made ATI Radeon 8500LE 128 mb video card. Can I overclock it, and how? Thanks

use ragetweak =D

Comment

thx, but does that app come with instructions on how to overclock? Also, does anybody know the safe levels for overclocking my video card. I don't want to overclock it too much,

Comment

did you even install the application, there's a slider for overclocking it....

Comment

my default clock speed according to the app is 249.8 core clock and 330.8 memory clock. How far can I overclock it? If anybody else overclocked their radeon can u tell me what u overclocked it to and how it works? Thanks!

Comment

Overclocking, whether the video card or the entire system, is truly a matter of trial and error. Adjudt the settings up a bit and start running some graphically intensive tests or games. If everything remains stable, then take it a little higher. When you begin to notice graphical tears or srtifacts, then you just need to back it off a touch and you'll be at the limit of your card.

And besides, the results of others will likely have little bearing on the results you get yourself. All components are not created equally.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

i thought the radeons were syncro? hmm..guess not

Comment

I think they were when they were first released, but they split it again when the 7500/8500 series GPUs started being produced.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                  vnet576[/size]]
                  my default clock speed according to the app is 249.8 core clock and 330.8 memory clock. How far can I overclock it? If anybody else overclocked their radeon can u tell me what u overclocked it to and how it works? Thanks!
                  I think RDR would be better able to give you a rough idea on what to expect but remember even 2 identical PC's will never give the same results. :devil win
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I use the tool called powerstrip.. It works well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                      I think RDR would be better able to give you a rough idea on what to expect but remember even 2 identical PC's will never give the same results. :devil win
                      RDR, is that a person or an app? Also, should I overclock my core clock or memory clock. Should the two be equal (generaly) or is there a ratio of like 1:2?

Comment

what are the stock speeds

Comment

249.8 core clock and 330.8 memory clock

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                            vnet576[/size]]
                            RDR, is that a person or an app?
                            He's the moderator of this forum that I moved ya thread to as he's got experience with these cards. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by vnet576
                              249.8 core clock and 330.8 memory clock
                              From what I know about the Crucial Radeon's - 330.8 is the effective memory speed - it uses 6ns DDR Ram - so the actual memory clock speed should be around 166.67MHz

My R8500 is an ATi Retail - so it came clocked at 275/275 (550 effective for the memory) - I was able to get around 310/310 without any major mods.

However - most LE Radeon's won't OC to Retail level's since they are supplied with less voltage - there's an easy way around that through the use of an HB pencil - see this article

with a little more juice I would think you would be able to get at least 300MHz maybe more from your GPU
                              As for your Ram - who knows. Crucial is well known for high quality memory, but there's only so much you can do with 6ns chips.

Just keep increasing your clocks by a few MHz at a time...run a few benchmarks and look for artifacts. If you don't see any bump it up a bit more and try again...that's all anybody can do.

Personally, I use Powerstrip for OC'ing - but any of the Radeon tweakers available at Rage3D will do

Comment

Working...
                              X