Plextor M6e Black Edition 128GB PCIe SSD Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plextor M6e Black Edition 128GB PCIe SSD Review

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Plextor M6e Black Edition 128GB PCIe SSD Review"

Re: Plextor M6e Black Edition 128GB PCIe SSD Review

All the Plextor M6e Black Edition SSD reviews are great, and a learning experience for those that read them closely.

Performance is dependent on the SSD's firmware.

Overall performance is a tradeoff, increasing performance in one area can affect performance in other areas in a negative way.

Good to see Plextor increasing the 4K random read performance in the M6e Black Edition, the standard M6e is relatively weak in that area compared to the best standard SATA III SSDs. The M6e Black Edition (and XP941) still do not match the best SATA III SSDs in 4K random read performance, which is disappointing IMO. But when I had the chance to use a standard M6e for a while, it was capable of booting Windows just as fast (subjectively) as my best SATA III SSDs with better 4K random read performance.

The M6e Black Edition random write performance is impressive compared to the XP941, and is another example of the difference in firmware between the two M6e versions.

I wish you added the test results of a high performance SATA III SSD or two in the performance graphs, for comparison and reference purposes.

IMO, the PCMark 8 Consistency Test results for the M6e Black Edition are its only low points, besides the less than great sequential write speeds.

Overall, IMO a great showing for the M6e Black Edition given its PCIe interface is one half of that of the XP941.

Comment

Working...
    X