Australian Police Highway Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Police Highway Patrol

We just had a new Australian Police Highway Patrol commodore outside of our place doing breath checks. Thought I'd go and take some photos for the people who had not yet seen the beasty looking machines and to give international peoples a look at our cop cars...
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Front on...
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Side on...
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

So where did they stow the machine guns and rocket launchers?

Comment

Do you have the bright yellow monaros as well? The cops in melbourne have a few of them on lease from holden. *******s....

(don;t have a pic unfortunately)

Comment

No, I don't think so... What is a 'monaro'? I assume it's some kind of really fast car.

About the only time the cops here get a good ride is when they confiscate one from drug runners.

Comment

IMO, the Holden Monaro is one of the hottest cars on the road at the moment. And no, I haven't seen any modded Monaro police cars yet.

I know the Monaro is on sale in the United States under a different name, but I'm not sure what it is. It was also intoduced into the uK as well.
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...?modelid=12001
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak

I know the Monaro is on sale in the United States under a different name, but I'm not sure what it is. It was also intoduced into the uK as well.
                  Pontiac GTO ;)

Comment

whoa thats the brightest Cop (pig) car i've seen in Aus.

dont forget cop cars in ausare modded aswell so this would go harder than it looks :)

:bounce:

Comment

Originally posted by RoSWeLL
                      dont forget cop cars in ausare modded aswell so this would go harder than it looks
                      Cop cars everywhere are modded. And in stuttgart they have Highway Patrol 540i's modded with 330Hp, and even thou that sounds less than the Monaro(GTO), think "handling" and "highspeed pursuit".... and i guess thats just another way BMW tries to get in good with the government...

Comment

Originally posted by RoSWeLL
                        dont forget cop cars in ausare modded aswell so this would go harder than it looks :)

Actually, most of them aren't. A fair percentage of cars in the city have some sort of modification but in the country they are just plain old commodores with a bit of a cosmetic uplift.

How do I know this?

The old man is a mechanic and services the cop cars in the surrounding district, apparently they are just standard engines, it's just the way the cops are trained to drive them that makes them so good. Apparently they go through a set of tires every 4000 km as well. :eek:

Comment

In terms of modding, cops can order HSV spec engines for their SS's.

some of the cops over here have them.
                          Kid from school's dad is a cop, he has one of them. looks like a SS has a HSV V8 under the hood.

:devil:
                          TT Original

Comment

Drool. Pontiac GTO. Might be the car I save up to own LOL!

Supposed to come out as early as 2003, but more like 2004.

Schedule service for your vehicle at your local Certified Service provider using our dealer locator tool. View our available services today.
                            Chris "Raven"
                            News Crew - TweakTown
                            <!--
                            <font size=1>
                            <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                            - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                            - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                            - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                            </font>
                            // -->
                            "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Well, most Highway Patrol here in the states have some modification if only to help it breath better...

Comment

Working...
                              X