Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus X79-DELUXE CPU_OPT FAN connector

Hello!

I have two questions about Asus X79-Deluxe motherboard and maybe someone can answer me!

1. I chose DeepCool Maelstrom 240 for my i74820k. If the pump is connected to the CPU_FAN and the two 120mm fans to CPU_OPT (with a Y cable 4-pin to 2x4-pin) when the system starts 120mm fan is not spinning. It is normal that? CPU_OPT connector does not have enough power to support two 120mm fans with a consumption of 3.12 W?

2. So I pump connected to a 3-pin Molex adapter, and the 2 fans on CPU_Fan and CPU_OPT.
    In this configuration:
    a. With identical two 120mm fans i have different speeds with Prime95 test work {(one fan connected to the CPU_Fan have 1800-2200rpm and the second fan connected to CPU_OPT reach maximum 1500-1600rpm) the same result if change the connection between fans, when the CPU temperature is 55-60˙C}!
    b. Random receive the POST error message CPU_Fan (very rare situation that I think can solve), and the fan which is connected to CPU_OPT randomly stops if ASUS AI Suite III - V1.00.56 is installed (and fans have been tested with benchmark) to see speed and auto spin up fans when the heat is up.

Thank you in advance,
    All the best!
    Last edited by fflorin_73; 03-14-2015, 04:51 PM.
Working...
X