• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD CPU and System Temps

Guys quick question

Got my AMD running sweet now but im a little concerned about the CPU temp

Under load most times it fluctuates from 55c to 60 c
    Idle its about 40c to 50 C ( all depending on ambiant room temp )

Is 60c to hot ?

Will be getting a Hardcano 2 soon. <-- or is there something better for CPU temp monitoring ?

Cheers

My PC No.2 has that board and it does report high but do try to keep it below 60C (errors start ocurring at 65C and yes our current temps these days don't help) plus take of the side of the case while runnin' and if the temp drops then a little more airflow is required. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hmm all the $$ i have spent on cooling looks to have been a waste of time :(

Not happy jan :(

Need to get my temps down without spending anymore cash .

Failing that i would have to reluctently go back to intel :(

Comment

I don't know why as they run just as warm. :confused:

It's only on 38C+ days that I turn Seti off on mine. ;)

Comment

Check this i got this "LOYAL" Intel guy telling me that the reason that AMD rocks is because they sat down with microsoft and pin pointed all the needs and based their cpu on that and thats why they have a higher rating then their clock and thats why AMD XP labeled their porcessors "XP"...

Is any of that true...?
          - Damien

Comment

A typical story from an Intel guy who wishes it was. :laugh:

Comment

LOL...yup
              - Damien

Comment

If this had even an ounce of truth to it, Intel would now be the proud new owners of the AMD Corporation due to copywrite infringements.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

Im running a XP2000 and was runing warm but not 60C. I dropped my temp by using TRUE 480 power supply dual fan (bottom convection) along with 2 case fans. Also redid the CPU heat sink with thermal grease.

Lower power supply wattage makes them run hotter increasing the case temp and heatsoak of the CPU sink.

Mines down to 38C CPU 33 Chassis

All the tips are on AMD site under cooling solutions.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Dave

Comment

all that volcano crap is all looks.buy a heavy cheap copper heatsink works way better.i know cause i had a volcano 7.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                      T\/\/34|<3|2[/size]]
                      all that volcano crap is all looks.buy a heavy cheap copper heatsink works way better.i know cause i had a volcano 7.
                      There's a world of difference between the hybrid Volcano 7 and the large lump of copper Volcano 7+ so ya can't comment till ya tried one, http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm, plus I've used nearly 30 of them now with absolutely no complaints from me, my wallet or the ppl that have their PC's built by me with them fitted. :devil win<center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

My next cooler will be a volcano 9. But in the mean time, what you need to look as it the CFM for the CPU fan. If it is 30-40 then an AMD will run hot. You need about 80CFM from delta fan or volcano 9 fan.

This is why most people have problems!

Comment

djrpowell don't let me hear me say that I didn't tell you that the Volcano 7+ performs better and quieter (re: easier to live with) than the Volcano 9 later. :devil:
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

sorry yes you are right i am losing my marbles, i meant the 7+!

Comment

A temporary loss of memory is quite ok so long as ya don't do it at the point of purchase. :devil win

<center> </center>

Comment

Working...
                              X