Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UEFI GOP graphic card for ASRock FATAL1TY 990FX Killer Mainboard

Hi,

I have a ASRock FATAL1TY 990FX Killer Mainboard and it is not possible to get a Nvidia graphic Card with UEFI GOP.
    Yesterday I had a Asus 2GB D5 X GTX750-DCSL R and Asus VGA UEFI update dont work with graphic Cards outside Asus.

It is bad when Asrock - very fast boot - installs in the motherboard, and does not tell you which graphics cards are compatible.
    Can anyone help you?
    greeting

Re: UEFI GOP graphic card for ASRock FATAL1TY 990FX Killer Mainboard

Originally posted by Puschel View Post
    Hi,

I have a ASRock FATAL1TY 990FX Killer Mainboard and it is not possible to get a Nvidia graphic Card with UEFI GOP.
    Yesterday I had a Asus 2GB D5 X GTX750-DCSL R and Asus VGA UEFI update dont work with graphic Cards outside Asus.

It is bad when Asrock - very fast boot - installs in the motherboard, and does not tell you which graphics cards are compatible.
    Can anyone help you?
    greeting
    I have two Nvidia video cards that are UEFI GOP compatible. Both of them are EVGA cards, a GTX 760 SC, and a GTX 650. So it is quite possible to get an Nvidia based video card that supports UEFI GOP.

You want ASRock to tell you which video cards are GOP compatible? The company that should tell you if a video card is GOP compatible is the one that makes the video card. It is the VBIOS of a video card that makes it GOP compatible.

How can a mother board manufacture keep track of which video cards are GOP compatible, when there are hundreds of video cards available? What happens if a video card at first does not have a GOP compatible VBIOS, but later on a new VBIOS is used that is GOP compatible?

All video card manufactures do not use the same VBIOS, or use one that is GOP compatible. All EVGA video cards of the 700 series and newer have a GOP compatible VBIOS out of the box. Most if not all EVGA 600 series video cards can be made GOP compatible with a VBIOS update. I updated my GTX 650's VBIOS to make it GOP compatible.

Nvidia based video cards older than the 600 series cannot be made GOP compatible.

For all other video card manufactures, they must be asked about their cards being GOP compatible. Or ask if they have a VBIOS update for their cards for GOP. Some will, some won't.

How could you expect an Asus VBIOS update to work with another manufacture's video card!? That's like expecting a MSI mother board BIOS update to work on an ASRock mother board.

If you are trying to use the Ultra Fast boot setting of the Fast Boot option, you will need more than just a GOP compatible video card.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the info.
      Asrock but also has lists of usable memory, CPU and SSD.
      I now have a GTX 650 from Gigabyte and since there is no corresponding VBIOS.
      How do I get the VBIOS update for EVGA 650?
      greeting

Comment

You can contact EVGA in a thread like this in their forum, or email them directly with the email link in this thread:

NEED UEFI BIOS (GOP) for 650 Ti 2GB - EVGA Forums

CPU and memory compatibility lists are essential for any mother board, but GOP compatible VBIOS versions in video cards?

If ASRock does not have such a list of video cards, then check Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI mother board information, they all make video cards so they will provide that information, right?

Or, why not check the specs of your video card, or any other video card, to see if the VBIOS is GOP compatible. Let us know what you find.

Comment

Hi,
          My Windows 8.1 on a GTP SSD. There are 4 partitions, one of them is a EFI Partition.
          Have EVGA GTX 760 4GB got Yesterday.
          Ultrafast works, but only up to switch off from the power.
          At reset, the PC starts without a message in Ultrafast mode, but after a restart it is switched on again in the fast mode.
          Does anyone have an idea?
          greeting

Comment

Working...
          X