Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will this be the best possible after january?.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this be the best possible after january?.....

a Granite Bay motherboard $190 est.

a 3.06 ghz p4 with Hyper threading $500

and a Geforce FX 5800 ultra $500 :flames:

will this be the best of the best in January?

i feel that anyone upgrading now should consider waiting

p4 will drop cpu prices and the FX will drop vid card prices big time
    :afro:

Where are you coming up with "5800" and "Ultra"?... Just asking...

Comment

enjoy!!

Comment

Yep that will be the best you can get at the beginning of next year unless Intel release a faster HT CPU but not sure about that.

As fo Granite bay.....it is only just on par with RDRAM so it is not ground breaking in any way.

As for the Geforce FX, that will probably not be ready by January from what I've heard.

Comment

i was gonna spend my money like right in december.......... and then i'll feel like a sucker if the price goes down right after i buy my hardware................. dam......... now what should i do... hah.. i can hardly wait till january....... but i'll give it a try..... :snip:

Comment

Originally posted by Final
            i was gonna spend my money like right in december.......... and then i'll feel like a sucker if the price goes down right after i buy my hardware................. dam......... now what should i do... hah.. i can hardly wait till january....... but i'll give it a try..... :snip:
            So lemme get this strait. You were gonna buy everything you wanted in Dec. when its the busiest shopping time of the year, buying pc hardware at that, then expect prices not to drop the next month? hmmmm... i think you should wait. Maybe just maybe the fact that Christmas falls somewhere in there has a little bearing on my advise...

Comment

yep i guess i'll wait n' enjoy with my slow 800 mhz till January... it's only one more month to wait.. i think i won't suffer alot. :D

Comment

you know whats sad??

the fact that i paid $400 for a geforce 3 when it first ca,e out about 1.5 years ago and now i am suffering with that and my 1.33 ath.

i thought i would never upgrage again when i saw how fast my computer was a year ago!! :cry:

Comment

They should make it so people who have bought a GeForce card in the past get a discount on the newer cards so upgrading isn't so stressful on the wallet.

Comment

Then they wouldnt be such a rich company, thus eliminating some of their liquid cash available to the research and development divisions, making new technologies such as the GFFX slow to hit the market. And if they were to do that and ATI didnt. If it didnt catch on as the popular choice... man, that be a BIG mistake.

Good idea all in all, because not only would it build returning referral-type profit it would make the nVidia a well-liked company. Although a excellent and almost ful-proof venture market-wise, its a risky venture financially, thus since big business no longer has the balls to do anything good for the consumer anymore, we get screwed. If only humanitarian business actions were profitable and not just well respected...

Comment

But just think of the 2nd hand options that will be available as well with a lot of ppl who sell their current hardware to update to the latest (and there are a lot of them out there). Great for those that never have the cash for the latest and greatest. ;)
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ALl my hardware i got right now USED TO cost around 2000 $.... and now .... i can't even sell it for 50 bucks!
                        :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comment

and oh yea... people say that my pc is an old junk....... lets go put this pc where is belongs [junk yard] ........ ur pc is like a closet...... ohh is that the first pc build? ..... kinda sick of all these comments lol

Comment

man, i feel your pain. i even get upset that two weeks ago, the parts i had bought cost $15 more expensive. i keep telling myself that if i only waited two weeks then i would have gotten all the parts cheaper. but that's the thing about hardware. you never know when to buy.

Comment

Roger That!

If there is one thing i know is.... it will be smart if we buy hardware AS SOON AS it comes out in the market........... [expensive but smart]......... not all hardware though...........
                              Hardware like
                              CPU [the 3.06 is coming out]
                              Radeon 9700 128MB [if i bought that as soon as it came out, i'd waste alot of money but the price of that video card didn't drop SOO much.. ]
                              ahh ohh well.......... i guess technology doesn't wait for any one [but we all still like it] :D

Comment

Working...
                              X