PDA

View Full Version : Office xp professional sp1 help!

espoe213
11-19-2002, 09:09 AM
I just got a copy of the office xp professional and i installed it, obviously its pirated, and i wanted to install the sp1 so i can keep it up to date but it doesnt allow me, which really sucks.

I need some help with the sp1, if anyone can help me...please do..thanks.

Darthtanion
11-19-2002, 04:08 PM
I can give you the obvious response... *cough* BUY IT! *cough*

webstur
11-22-2002, 01:14 AM
You Got Mail Check your PM

WannaCorrado
11-22-2002, 03:11 AM
same question here.. Please e-mail me as well.. thanks !

-Mike
:bounce:

dick471
11-23-2002, 10:54 PM
I have a legal copy of Office XP and used the following procedure to install both service packs. I told a friend about this slipstreaming method and he tried it with a "cough--cough" copy of Office XP and it installed perfectly.

http://www.viperlair.com/articles/soft_guide/microsoft/officexp/offxpsp1.shtml

jaycup
11-30-2002, 11:05 PM
Hi Webstur, I have a similar problem and urgently need help would you please e-mail any 'fix' you have, Thanks.

jaycup
12-01-2002, 07:30 PM
Webstur, thanks for your prompt and informative message but I am confused as your info relates to Windows XP and SP1 and not Office XP and SP1, which is what I need. Am I correct in assuming this or am I missing something. By the way I assume the 'helpful' number you gave also relates to Win XP and not Office XP. Please reply as before. Thanks again.

jaycup
12-02-2002, 12:50 AM
Thanks again Webstur but I already have Windows XP Pro up and running including the SP1 update. I have a different problem with Office XP Pro where I need a similar fix to that which is available for Windows XP. the SP1 and SP2 updates for Office XP will not run unless you have a legitimate installation of Office XP.
Notwithstanding you have a legititimate version of Windows XP.

exlaval
12-15-2002, 03:18 AM
to jaycup

what you've got is a pirated office xp what you've got is a prelim version and that's why you can't installed the sp's

get a full version and you'll see how they all run

also for all you guys running the xp with the key from hell

forget about installing the sp's - they hard coded into it that special key in order to lock out everyone - seems there are few million copies running THAT key - you may have to reinstall with another one or try to recode the key with a key changer program -

make sure before deleting the key you're using that the new one will work, otherwise your only solution will be to reinstall the os

fun ain't it

asklepios
12-17-2002, 06:29 PM
come on guys...
can't we just accept the devil?
its there...
ppl buy cool copies and there are hot copies too.
now every one has a right to get wat they want (including sp's ofcourse :laugh: ), even if they have hot copies.
now ppl having not so goodie goodie copies of Office XP and having probs with installing SP1. the only probable solution i can understand is that you got a Office XP CD already slip streamed with SP1. try installing SP2 over your current installation of Office. it might work.
hey btw...do u ppl have Office XP with frontpage?
cos thats the only version thats complete...all others (i mean with publisher or without frontpage) are either OEM's or evaluation versions.

exlaval
12-17-2002, 06:57 PM
I wuz talking 'bout office xp - and said a lot of prelim copies are
being sold as full, and that's why the sp1 won't work

streaming it may not work with a prelim either cuz it detects it's not a full version

been there done that and spent more money fixing it , they don't call it Micro$oft for nutin'