PDA

View Full Version : Gator Popup Ads

Mr.Tweak
11-20-2002, 01:09 PM
We are actively trying to determine the source of Gator popup ads on TweakTown.

We are working with two ad agenices right now and the first has sworn black and blue they are not running them. I have contacted the second asking question.

To assist us in removing this garbage, if you see a Gator popup ad on TweakTown please take a screenshot of it and email it to me @ [email protected]

Cheers! :)

Olie
11-20-2002, 02:09 PM
*snarl*

damn, i had one before, didnt know it was from here

Bahamut Zer0
11-21-2002, 02:50 AM
Im at tafe atm, so cant email off some screenshots, but im getting a gain popup every few mins.

Give em a kick up the arse for me, tweak.

Mr.Tweak
11-21-2002, 04:39 AM
Im at tafe atm, so cant email off some screenshots, but im getting a gain popup every few mins.

Give em a kick up the arse for me, tweak.

Do you have a web based email or can you take them home with you?

Bahamut Zer0
11-21-2002, 04:54 AM
At home now, but ill save em to cd next time im there.

incedently, no popups so far on my home machine...

G Smith
11-21-2002, 05:44 AM
Haven't gotten a single pop up since last night's Gator...
Sorry I didn't think to do a screenshot, but I will if I ever see it again.

Last night was the second time I've had something like that from Gator. It was for some time setting device from what I could tell.

Mr.Tweak
11-27-2002, 11:01 PM
Folks, you still seeing Gator ads?

Bahamut Zer0
11-27-2002, 11:25 PM
Nope. Not home, or at tafe.

Mr. C
11-28-2002, 12:05 AM
Not a one since I posted about the matter.

Thank you for your prompt action Mr. Tweak!!
I was concerned that someone unsuspecting or new to the site might be led astray by the pop-up and feel the site was responsible.

I apologize, perhaps I should have contacted you personally instead of placing a thread in this forum, which was closed as quickly as it was addressed. Excuse me if that was a violation of protocol.

Thanks again! Good to see you working to keep TweakTown a "safe to surf" domain:thumb: