Internet Sharing using ADSL router/modem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Sharing using ADSL router/modem

I need a bit of assistance in setting up the internet sharing on my setup. I am running 2 computers peer to peer using windows xp pro with manually assigned IP's. The networking works fine. My modem/router is a billion series and I have it connected to my main computer via a separate network card. I am a little hesitant to start diving in at the deep end, and was wondering if I could be pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance:confused:

Which operating system do you use?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I am using Windows XP Pro on both computers..:)

Comment

What I would personally suggest is instead of running from your router to your computer, then through that computer to another, simply get a hub / switch, and plug all devices into that (router and all computers). That way, you don't need your first computer to be on to access the internet from the second, and it's a much easier set up.

Comment

Ok thanks for that, I will give it a go. Will check on pricing for hub etc..;)

Comment

Get a switch if ya can as these perform much better than dumb hubs. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

When talking about very small networks, sharing a connection that isn't going to be much over a couple mbit, it's not all that important for a switch.. But if you've got the money, you might was well pay that bit extra.

Comment

Working...
              X