What Browser???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Browser???

I'm using Opera 6.1....fantastic...font rendering is much better than Mozilla....and Evolution as an email/management client is really good....

What's everyone using??

Well I guess this makes at least two of us using Opera (6.05 here)! Not sure what the prob was with my I.E. but it was freezing up on a regular basis. I went on a search a couple of months ago and decided it was easier to use Opera than try and kill what ever bug had attacked I.E.

So far I am very happy with Opera: it works faster and smoother than I.E. ever did and it has more "bells and whistles". Not sure why, but I still have trouble with some javascript but I can usually work around that.

I recently had someone tell me that I should try Incredimail as an email program but have so far had no probs with Outlook so I'll prolly stick with that for now.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Im using Phoenix (lightweight version of mozilla) as mozilla takes a good 20secs to load on both windows and linux. (longer on linux funnily enough) wtf is up with that crap eh?

Havnt tried opera since, ****, back in the early days of its introduction. Didnt like it much, ill have to give the new version a go.
      Cant get evolution 1.2 working in dropline, but its what id like to use. :)

Comment

the new opera is great, use it on my linux and my Xp partitions, the less M$ the better :)

Comment

my vote for Opera too :)

i don't know why people stand by mozilla so much, coz IMHO opera looks heaps better and has more features :)
          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

I have mozilla, phoenix, opera, lynx, links and konqueror (kde-3.1 version), most of the time I use konqeror.
            You can get good fonts in mozilla, it takes abit of work and the latest versions of freetype and fontconfig.
            p-two.net

Comment

Usually, Konqueror is the fastest when loading sites, but it doesn't have that good text quality. Mozilla's text quality in Linux is exactly the same as in Windows Also, Mozilla is fairly fast with loading times, both initial and page loading.

So therefore, Mozilla is my choice when it comes to quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Webgraph
                [B]Usually, Konqueror is the fastest when loading sites, but it doesn't have that good text quality.
                Really?
                How do you explain this screen shot?
                Maybe you just don't know how to set up your fonts.
                p-two.net

Comment

The text can still be legible, but only Mozilla can display text the same way as Windows browsers view it, fontwise. Opera 6.11 is in the same situation.

Comment

PrairieDawg :

DONT use Incredimail. Just don't. For a laugh, download it and then check out it's EULA. It's gotta be one of the more invasive one's I've ever seen. I spent AGES cleaning out my friends system after she installed it... it wasn't pretty. Anyway, that was totally off the topic.........

Comment

Thanks Jes. Actually I had already noticed that ever time I recieved a message from some one with incredimail that my Opera complained about it trying to set "illegal cookies". Not real sure what an "illegal cookie" is but I assume that incredimail is keeping track of those who receive messages through its system as well as those who are actually using the service. Nice thing about Opera ... I can refuse those cookies on a per case situation and see who sends em!
                      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Konqueror v3.0.3
                        Atleast thats what Help>About Konqueror says... also says im using the same version KDE. Just finished installing Red Hat yesterday, so its prolly very obvious i know nothing yet. Working on it, thou...

So, Bern, How do you make your Konq look that good?

Comment

I'm using konq-3.1.0 from the kde of the same version :-)
                          p-two.net

Comment

Mozilla 1.1 :thumb:
                            <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
                            <P ALIGN=CENTER>
                            <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
                            </script>
                            </P>
                            <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                              Mozilla 1.1 :thumb:
                              You're backwards! 1.3 Alpha is the latest release and 1.2.1 is the latest stable release.

Comment

Working...
                              X