Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

America's Army 1.4 Patch Released (plus a gripe!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Army 1.4 Patch Released (plus a gripe!)

New patch released for America's Army today. It's version 1.4 and weighs in at 45MB (for the 1.3 to 1.4 upgrade). See America's Army Official Site for info and download links. I've substantially updated my America's Army Tweak Guide for it, so check that out too.

Now, I have to say having played this new version for a few hours it is horrible!! I mean if you're stuck on assault on most maps you will lose honor like a shot! The scoring system is terrible. Everyone has had their honor reset in this new version, and within 3 matches I went from 10 to 9 by dying 3 times (on assault) and hitting a teammate with 1 bullet. Something is really wrong here!!

What do you guys think of it?
    My Machine

Believe it or not, I still haven't installed AA on my system.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I cant even get it to detect that i am 'online' so i can login to my account...

Played it at lans etc, not a bad game. New patch doesnt seem too promising though....spoze, if you were really in the army, and you really did die, then, well- youre dead. And i guess if you really did 'accidently' hid someone 'with only one' bullet, you would be demoted....

Comment

I've played it a bit more now, and although I think the new system stinks because it's skewed towards the defense side too much, it is playable.

It seems the developers are trying to get it to be realistic and involve more teamwork. Unfortunately the fact that you only have 8 minutes to cross a bridge is hardly realistic, the fact that the squad leader can't actually do anything if his squad doesn't listen isn't very realistic, and the fact that your team chops and changes continually as people join and leave and newbies and veterans fight side by side means teamwork is out the door.

Otherwise I support some of the new features, like not being able to aim as well when under fire, the new binoculars, the ability to walk with your sights up, more accurate targeting for advanced marksmen etc.
        My Machine

Comment

Working...
        X