SiSoft Sandra Pro 2002 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiSoft Sandra Pro 2002 ?

G'day all, exuse me a bit, I'm not feeling too well at the moment.

I've started a post or 2 about burning in XP [cough]Pro using lastest ver of [Hic] Nero. It re-boots either during a burn, or later since I have added more RAM, near the end of a burn.

I think I have followed most reasonable advice with no results so after much reading on the net me thinks I have to do the impossible [for me lol], and that is flash the bios

Now b4 I attempt that I have just acquired Si-Soft Pro 2002 [ cough] and need a guiding hand in what to look for using it to find anything abnormal. As usual any help would be appreciated blokes! :wave:

try this:
    hit the windows key + break or right click on my comp & goto properties...then click on the advanced tab & click on the Settings button under Startup & Recovery...& untick the automatically restart box under System Failure...then write what the BSOD says in here...if it doesn't give u a BSOD & just restarts we'll have to try another approach..
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Will do, Since last post have had trouble moving large files from one disc to anotha, sounds like a "familiar" prob has arisen?

Will post error message when i get one, later perhaps.
      Cheers.

Comment

G'day Grim, here's what is said mate.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It then advises me to disbale any recently installed software etc etc.
        I also advises me to disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

TECH INFO;

STOP; 0X0000000A (0X8284DFFO, 0X00000002,
        0X00000001, 0X804F2E91)

It then dumps the physical memory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried to load via 4 in 1's using the exe file but upon checking Device manager dosn't seem to have worked

I've also tried to flash the bios but get a checksum 5824H error.

I've posted a message at Via trying to find a way to manually install the drivers but got lost in a sea on information and different ways.

I've posted a message at WIMS on how to correctly flash the bios and set up CMOS b4 I do it but no replies :(

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
        :?:

Comment

This time was got a BSOD just after I copied a 40 mb file from a disc to the H/D.

STOP; 8X0000008E (0 X C0000005, 0 X BF86EBOC,
          0 X F271B18, 8 X 00000000)

wink32k.sys. - adressBF86EBOC base at BF800000, datestamp 3b7de698
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Hope this helps.

Comment

i thought itd be that damn error, so many ppl have had that prob..:) it related to drivers that XP doesn't like...

ok try this, i found a possible solution...it was to locate the win32k.sy_ on the XP cd & then use the expand.exe to extract the file...so i did that (after working out the damn CMD to use expand.exe) now try putting the file in the link into windows\system32 if there is currently one there, replace it...then open %systemroot%\repair\setup.log & do a search for win32k.sys...mine is this:
            \WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys = "win32k.sys","1c1a69", change that last bit in the talking marks to 13e42a

tell me how this goes :)

its 1.7meg btw :)

Comment

the first bit is easy enuff, but you'll have to be a bit more specific in the 2nd stage for me lol.
              when you say open %systemroot%\repair\setup.log do you mean in the registry? (regedit or similar?)

Comment

nah, lets say your windows is installed on c:\ goto c:\windows\repair\setup.log

thats all it is :)

Comment

there is a microsoft update for compatibilty problems with some burners and burning software. Might wanna give that a shot :)

Comment

patience it the most important key in any hobby. Take things one step at a time and make sure you start out on the first step :)

Comment

Wuntvor I already have that patch, thank you for your time.

Hbidad Thanks for your thoughts also, I know what you mean, hence all my stupid questions here, I don't like going into anything half-****ed.

Grim Ta again mate, thats is easy enough (even for me). But the damn thing wont let me copy it into System32, says another program is using it?

Comment

I don't know what you might think but all I believed in using XP was that it's somehow very related to what your BIOS menu is adjusted, do you agrees?

Comment

ummmmm, ok, boot up with a boot disk into DOS & copy and replace the other file that way :)

Comment

I too had problems after installing NERO 5.5
                            It came with my burner
                            I have win2k running
                            After installing nero then rebooting my pc
                            It would get to win logo start then flash error shut down then reboot
                            I installed the UDF reader which does not work with WIN2k or Xp
                            Try removing the driver through control panel in safe mode
                            F5 AT STARTUP will give this option
                            Hope this helps
                            Cheers

Comment

Hi
                              I have exactly the same BSOD problem with my XP Pro installation which started quite soon after I installed Nero 5.5...I've now uninstalled Nero so hopefully things will be back to 'normal'. Cheers for the tips

Comment

Working...
                              X