Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glaring LCD screen

hi,
    i just brought an LCD monitor, the display is so glaring!
    is there something wrong with the monitor?
    thanks

i have a sony - sdm 71- 17inch tft monitor. at first it made my eyes hurt but after likw 3days i got used to it. if u dont get used to it try adjusting the brightness or the screen resolution. i have mine at 1280x1024 which is the max it can handle.

enjoy and welcome to the tft revolution. crts are ****ing bull**** :devil:

:cheers:

Comment

You may be able to adjust some of your display properties & the controls within the monitor itself to remedy the situation.
      Play around a bit, in time you will come up with a combination of both that is right for you.
      Modern graphics adapters have utilities to adjust gamma and other settings as well.

Interestingly enough smsmasters, I was able to read your humble opinion quite well on my CRT.
      Clear, crisp & I didn't have to wait 3 days for my eyes to adjust either.
      Perhaps sometime you could drop by and see what taking the time to properly adjust a monitor & display settings can do for the overall user experience?
      The visual output from your computer is certainly the part of the interface that is used most (provided of course that the user is not visually impaired).
      Taking the time to adjust settings to provide the best level of user comfort and usability is certainly going to have rewards that are long lasting and appreciated on a daily basis.

Instead of waiting for your eyes to adjust, fiddle with the controls until it becomes usable.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yeah I could read it to till I turned around to fast but that could be as it was typed on LCD and that doesn't refresh as fast as mine. :laugh:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i tried the following...tilt the screen up, but its straining my neck.
          i have also set the brightness and contrast to the lowest, but the display is not sharp... looks cloudy...!!

Comment

Go into your video card properties and try the adjustments there instead of the monitor. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Have you tried going to Display Properties - settings - advanced?
              Your graphics adapter may have some utilities there that could help.
              You could go to the appearance tab there to, if you want to tone down the color scheme windows uses by default.

It will likely take a bit of time and experimentation, but once you get it you'll be glad you took the time.

When you get things just right, you might want to jot the settings down for future installs and such - that way you won't have to recreate the wheel every time.

You certainly need to be comfortable if you are going to have any chance of enjoying your computing.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

ok. i will try it out. thanks

Comment

Working...
                X