gf4 ti4400 problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gf4 ti4400 problems?

I bought me a GeForce 4Ti 4400, and it used to work fine. But since I upgraded my pc to an XP 2400+ with a Maxtor 60gig 7200 new hdd and giga-byte GA-7DXE mobo its been freezing up, and displaying lots of not nice lines on my screen. My games wont work, something about an error problem in the memory?

I've had to go back to my old Gf2 mx200 which is pretty poo tbh.

I THINK its a conflict in the bios, but i'm not sure. If it is, how do i flash the bios, what program is easy?

If it isn't that problem, does anyone know what it could be?

Here is what it says when it crashes whenever i try to play a game....

The instruction at "0x0a7a14a1" referenced memory at "0x00000027". The memory could not be "read"

Any idea? I've got the new drivers, i've tried changing my memory over, and i've tried underclocking my gfx card. Nothing helps.

There must be a solution somewhere

Thanks
    Merc

When you installed the new motherboard, did you reinstall Windows? If not and the new board uses a different chipset than the original, then this will be where your problem lies.

When the OS is installed, it sets itself up to be able to communicate effectively with the chipset. When you change this chipset (by upgrading motherboards), the OS is still trying to talk the language of the original chipset used. A full reinstallation of Windows is the only sure way that I have found so far to take care of these errors that show up.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Unfortunately i was a brand new instalation :(

I formatted the hdd, then installed Windows XP onto it.

Thank you anyways :)

Anyone else? :-/

Comment

I wouldn't think it is a conflict in the BIOS since your previous nVidia based card worked fine. But then, it never hurts to have the most up to date BIOS installed on your system.

That is the link for a BIOS search/download page through your board's manufacturer. On the right side of the page, it has a link with instructions about how to Flash the BIOS. Also available toward the top of this same page is a Flash utility designed for your board. Just follow the directions exactly and you should be set.

Just out of curiosity, do you have your BIOS set to 4x AGP and a 128MB Aperture Grill setting? These are pretty standard for today's video cards and should work with pretty much all of them. Also, since you're using an nVidia based board, look at the AGP Driving Strength value. The "Auto" setting generally works well, but nVidia boards usually work well with either DA or EA as the value. Just something else to try before you start over again.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

i was having a problem on my GA-7ZXE with my geforce 4 4200. Wouldnt start ANY 3d application, and displayed blurry text and such.

I flashed the BIOS to the latest one for the mobo on the gigabyte site, everything works perfectly.

It's an extrememly simple process, if you need to, just print out the instructions on the gigabyte site. It's straightfoward.

Comment

Working...
          X