scheduled tasks not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scheduled tasks not running

Using Home Edition. I have set up a batch file and want to run this everyday to backup files (haven't found a backup app I like well enough to replace the batch file). Anyway, I set up the batch file to run as scheduled task but it will not run issuing a message about no username password being entered. Well, I don't login with a password, so I shouldn't enter one. When I access the Help menus it refers me to a Security tab (when I right click the task icon and select Preferences). Wouldn'tcha know, there is no Security tab. Anyone know what gives?

Gary
    Thanks in NJ

Seems like you will need to create a user name/password Gary.

Refer to MSKB article <A HREF ="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q311119">Q311119</A>

Comment

agh. I appears you saying the fix to the problem is I *must* have a password to run the scheduled task function? Or are you saying I must first set up a password to get it functioning, then I can remove the password requirement. I really don't want the hassle of a p/w now.

thanks for the info...

Comment

that was me in the above response, I wasn't logged on LOL

If I understand Uncle Bill correctly ( if anyone really does?) the password is required to make sure the current user of the system has permission to perform the function.

I would take it that you are going to need to set-up the password. Unless you can find a work-around somewhere. (like regedit.com perhaps?)

I agree with you, passwording a system is an inane hassle. Particularly for a single user system such as mine. Hopefully a fix will turn up, but for the immediate time -- I guess your stuck logging on.:?:
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
        X