LCD software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD software

Anyone know any good software to run on a LCD display through the parrallel port? i've just made one and want to try a few different programs to see which i like best.
    It's a 16x2 line standard sort of thin, back lit though.

There's some links to software in these articles. ;)
    technology,hardware,graphics,motherboard,reviews,gaming,video games,pc games,analysis,modding,case mod,news,headlines

technology,hardware,graphics,motherboard,reviews,gaming,video games,pc games,analysis,modding,case mod,news,headlines

Comment

any one have instructions or good web sites on how to make the LCD pannels?

Comment

Sorry but ya buy them as makin' one would be far to expensive. ;)

Comment

not counting the stuff i already have, mine cost me $50.
          It's backlit though :D
          Got to get it working first :( pullerd it aapart last night and a few wires had come adrift.

Comment

no i didnt mean Literaly making one i ment buying the parts ei screen and so on and pluggin it all together like which pins go where and stuff.. i saw a guide for it but its gone now..

Comment

yeah, thats what i've done here is some:

Comment

Making it yourself is definatly cheaper than buying one. All you need is a spare hour or so to gather equipment and a lcd from your local electronics store and a soldering iron. You can buy pre-made ones from stores that have colored backlights etc, but youre in for some serious dough to cover that expense. Besides, wheres the fun in that? :)

Most stores only stock crappy 2x16line lcd displays anyway. Youll have to have a harder look around where you live for bigger ones. I was lucky- I got mine ordered specially for me for 30buks. (20x4 backlit). I already had a soldering iron (who doesnt?) and the wire etc cost under $1.

An hour or so later and I had me a fully working backlit lcd.

Comment

auw :(
                  i was lazy and just brought a 2x16 back lit from dickies for some stupid price, and i knew i was getting ripped off.

Comment

Working...
                  X