Newbie questions about Northwood 2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions about Northwood 2.2

If I buy the OEM version of Northwood 2.0 or 2.2, what is the best HSF I should buy?
    My understanding is that overclockability is low, so I won't be pushing it hard.
    And I'm REALLY looking for as quiet as possible.
    Any suggestions?

There are any number of good coolers available for the P4 processors. Just make sure that you get one that is compatible with the m478 version and you'll be fine.

If you check with GlobalWin or Thermaltake, you'll find some good coolers. Also check out the Thermal Integration line. I have just recently started getting their T-Bird units in for testing and have been pleasantly surprised with the results.

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I've been linkin' a few in the news for the last couple of months now but none in the last week or so though. ;)
      <center> </center>

Comment

Here ya go check this page out http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp_p5.htm ;)
        <center> </center>

Comment

They are really overclockable man!

Comment

Yeah the overclocking on those things is really impressive. Just wait for the AMD Clawhammer though, hehe

Comment

Yeah wait for the clawhammer hehe!

Comment

I have a GlobalWIN WBW76 on my 1.7GHz Pentium 4, and under full load it pumps out 82 watts of heat. The Northwood at 2.2GHz only emits 55 watts of heat, so if the WBW76 works for me then it should work for you :thumb:
                What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I have gotten my hands on the AVC Sunflower cooler and so far its performance has impressed me.

I have the Northwood supplied to me by Intel 2.2G @ 2.5G without any voltage increases.

But Jon Albiez Global Win cooler is by far more impressive than the Sunflower.

Comment

Working...
                  X