Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcpp

who here gets the pc Powerplay Mag?

i've been subscribed for 3years so far and am only missing like 2 issues since it started back in '96 i think it was
    i'm subscribed baby, i get every issue
    0%
    almost every month
    0%
    evey now and then
    0%
    hardly ever
    0%
    what is PCPP?
    0%
    TT Original

i did used to get every issue when ben was the editor but after he left it went down big time

how many editors they been thought now?:)

:hammer: :afro: :wave: :cry:

then atomic came along i am fighting with the subs department at the moment of atomic cose they are ****ing with me cose im a new zealand suby

um atomic is going down to

i recon that that will be out by next sub renew time

the prob with atomic is there are so many peps on there forums that kiss up and even the biggest bit of **** writen is gold when it ant

there is some good stuff in it but as usual things that get big rarly last becouse there is so much expectation.........

what will be next....:afro: :thumb:

Comment

I used to read PCPP, and also APC and now everyone i know is harping at me about this Atomic magazine. Picked up the last 3 issues and I must say its pretty lame. The reviews are unfocused and generally lacking/misleading. Thier xbox 'exclusive' was hardly anything to write about. Soooo many things wrong it wasnt funny. Ok, it was funny. Hilarious even.

Is it just me, or are the staff who write the columns at the beginning totally up themselves?

blegh, hardly worth 50clams to subscribe.

anyway, at the moment i read no magazines. Its all free on the net so yeah.

My mate gets this tech magazine from uni every month and it has some pretty interesting stuff in it. Improvements/modifications to tcp/ip protocols and bluetooth....new hardware and soon to be released/developed hardware. Some pretty good stuff. (albeit technical)

Comment

I haven't brought a copy in a year or more.

Comment

I have to laugh at the PCPP tech section.
          In the current edition i think they have a comparison of top line CPU's, but they neglect to incluce the Northwood, or even mention it.
          And in one game review they say the use of english in it is crap, but read the tech section and there are more frigin typo's and unfinished sentences than have been seen to man

Comment

Sounds like someone has need of an editor who has a grasp on the english language then. :laugh:

I subscribe to MaximumPC (US based publication). It seems that most magazines have gone to a advertising blitz/rating methodology. Those who pay the highest ad fees get the best review results. While I don't agree with everything that this rag says, they at least come off as being honest in their reviews, and knowledgeable about computer systems in general.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

That is a big problem with some mags now.. The people behind it are usually biased towards certain products, depending who is lining their pockets the most at that time. That's why I prefer online reviews. most of the time, they don't have any sponsorship, so they say what they truly feel about the product. And, instead of reading news that's a couple months old, you get to stay up to date with what's happening. I honestly haven't bought a PC Mag is a long time.. I've read a fair few, usually someone elses.. but haven't bought any.. just not worth it anymore...

Comment

Yeah good point, in PCPP they had the news of AMD/nVIDIA releasing their new products in the near future after they were actually released

Comment

oh well until i'm 18 i'm only getting PCPP from my parents BUT next year i'm, upgrading ;)
                  TT Original

Comment

I get their "Hot Hardware Guides" just for a laugh - they know stuff all about computer hardware :laugh:

They openly detail risky procedures without warning of the risk - what happened if a newbie fried their new toy because they weren't warned?

The rest of the "advice" can be hilarious at times - sounds exactly like my 17yo half-brother who bull****s that he knows about hardware

Tip to the PCPP guys - you stick to reviewing games, I'll stick to reviewing hardware :D
                    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                      That is a big problem with some mags now.. The people behind it are usually biased towards certain products, depending who is lining their pockets the most at that time. That's why I prefer online reviews. most of the time, they don't have any sponsorship, so they say what they truly feel about the product. And, instead of reading news that's a couple months old, you get to stay up to date with what's happening. I honestly haven't bought a PC Mag is a long time.. I've read a fair few, usually someone elses.. but haven't bought any.. just not worth it anymore...
                      Beefy do you really believe this is just limited to mags? It's happening right now online as well.

Comment

yeah, it is happening, but it's quite easy to go to the sites that are up to date, aren't too biased (everyone is to some extent) and it's all free... but you do make a good point

Comment

Rest assured people that Albinus does not take bribes!!!

Unless it's really worthwhile, like A$1,000,000 a year tax free, never have to work again..... :D

Comment

You'd be able to treat your cat really good too!
                            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Well he's certainly a pampered moggy, but it would be nice to have some more $$$ to really spoil him rotten :)

Hmmm maybe he could have Caviar and Pate for breakfast every morning..... :?:

Comment

Working...
                              X