How to Flash BIOS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Flash BIOS...

Now i know that you save it on a floppy after you DL it...but then after that what????....

You guys don't have to explain it if you don't want to...links would be find...thx:)
    - Damien

What type of bios is it? award, pheonix, AMI???

Comment

Get the link to your manufacturer's support site from my system optimization guide (on front page of TT), then follow the instructions there. It differs depending on mobo brand and chipset.

Usually you need to boot into DOS mode and run the .exe file that comes with the floppy, then enter the name of the file you want to flash (usually a .bin file).

HOWEVER make 100% sure you follow your manufacturer's instructions. A bad BIOS flash renders your board useless.
      My Machine

Comment

Originally posted by SegiY
        What type of bios is it? award, pheonix, AMI???
        Award Bios
        - Damien

Comment

FLaCo,
          Read the post directly above your last one. It is rather important. Each motherboard manufacturer usually puts out their own Flash updating utility. Get this and follow the manufacturer's directions EXACTLY or you may have yourself a fancy new paperweight.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Serious consequences that i thought weren't possible.. thx alot...i was just asking and curious until Abit makes on for the new 333 AMD's
            - Damien

Comment

PersianImmortal, where can I find that Optimization Guide you referred to. I'd like to have a read. TIA.

Comment

Never mind. I found it.:D

Comment

is flashing the bios really worth it?
                  my view on the two party system...

Comment

Working...
                  X