Buying a cooler in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a cooler in Australia

Ok, thanks to some advice from Oldbugger, i've decided to upgrade my HSF on my Athlon... Looking to buy parts locally (ie: in Australia), just wondering what people could suggest.. looking for a high quality cooler.. like the alpha or one of the swiftech models, but i can't seem to find any available in australia..

What I have found is a Globalwin CAK38 (found one for $88 AUS) or a thermaltake Volcano 6Cu+ ($44 AUS), which both seem to be reasonable coolers (compared to my current FOP32)

The Thermaltake is looking more promising, at half the price of the CAK38... but i will listen to any suggestions from anyone who knows of anything better...

you probably know about this already, but i'll send you there anyway :D
    http://www.below-0.com/

you might be able to find a bargin there :)
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

CoolPC have the alpha PAL8045
      bit pricy, the base unit (HS only) is over $100 but well worth it. (you will also need a mobo with the 4 hole mounts around the CPU socket)

Theres the new WBK38 series 2 as well...

I got the series 1 WBK on my AthlonXP 1600+ (1400mhz) and its doing fine. idles at around 37deg, maxes out at 51-53degrees. (only when doing burnin tests or seti@home)

When it cools down (when summer pisses off) those temps will return to 'normal':
      37idle, 48max load

oh, im using a YS Tech 4500rpm fan on my WBK as well. the stock fan sucks, and the 6800 stock fan is too loud.
      -also from CoolPC. They have excellent service.

Comment

thanks guys.. been doing some looking around. my mobo doesn't have the 4 holes for the alpha, so that's out of the question now...

saw this on below-0, it's a GLOBALWIN SAK.. looks quite good.. anyone heard any stories about these? is there much difference in temps with the WBK vs the WBK II?

Also, are the Thermalright SK6 (with a Delta fan) sinks any good?

Sorry about all the random questions here, i'm sort of researching while posting, so i'm finding new stuff around every corner...

Comment

Well, thanks to a suggestion from Wiggo, I've purchased an OCZ Gladiator from Below-0.com (thanks Andy ;) ) Will let you know how it goes...

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
            Well, thanks to a suggestion from Wiggo, I've purchased an OCZ Gladiator from Below-0.com (thanks Andy ;) ) Will let you know how it goes...
            npz beefy ;)
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

eyo seem to have a variety.

Comment

Hey welcome to the forums dude! And what a special name!

Comment

The thermalright sk-6 with a delta ownz

Comment

Working...
                  X