Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 97/2002 questions

Hi there,

I have office 97 installed on my system and it does all that I need for word processing and database building. It does not include Outlook and I have that as a seperate application for my IPAQ PDA but it's Outlook 2002.

My question is...
    There is a new security patch for Outlook 2002 that just came out, the prereq's say I must have Office XP SP1 & SP2 installed in order to install this...

Seeings as I don't have Office XP but a stand alone copy of Outlook 2002 I am very hesitant to install either service pack..

I could use a bit of guidance on this from my friends here.... :?:

What's the best way to deal with this?

hmm...

No advice ??

Comment

have you checked officeupdate for outlook 2002 patches? to me that seems like the easiest thing to do.

Comment

Yep,
        I have.. they all refer to the Office XP service packs.

Comment

though its quite late and u might have found a solution to ur probs...but anyways...
          u can actually install service packs without any problems...even if u have stand alone outlook installed on ur pc, but the only thing required is that ur copy should not be a hot one..."u understand wat i mean?".
          just keep the CD handy while installing the sp on ur office and sp will show all the components of office 2002 installed on ur pc...i.e. outlook in ur case...and u will be home without any troubles. so go ahead...and keep it safe...!
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
          X