Never Do This!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Do This!!!

I recently was tidying up my case....because i was appalled how it looked through my window :)

not having any round cables in my box, those wide-ass 80pin cables block airflow alot, so I cleaned them all up...... except one....

it was the cable from my Audigy to the Audigy Drive... its almost exactly the same type of cable u see on a Hard drive.

ANYWAYS.... I couldnt find anywhere to tuck it in, so I decided to run it down the side of the front of the case and down along the bottom then into the audigy drive (so it wouldnt be seen by the window.... i hope u can understand where I tried to place it.... basically it was an L shape, running from near the CD drives down to the PCI slots.)

anyway....it just wouldnt stay....the part where I was bringing it down from the audigy Drive kept shifting to the left and could be seen on the edge of the window... so I decided to loosen the screw holding my floppy drive in place and slip the edge underneath it so it would stay.... SURE ENOUGH IT WORKED!! it stayed in place with little pressure....it didnt even need to tighten the screw again....

then I did something stupid...

I turned the PC on....

because I have a window what happened next was easy to SEE but hard to WATCH..... it made my stomach turn :(

the cable caught fire....thats right....im talkin flames baby.

the first 3 or 4 wires became totally exposed because the plastic melted off them soo fast it was like throwing an ice cube onto the street on a summers day....

my perspex window went black and after I cleaned it, it was a bit bubbled from the heat....

and not to mention the THICK black cloud that filled my freakin room!!

I got scared ****less... the worst sign any PC Modder ever sees is THICK black smoke and fire....

thank god my Audigy still works....

Audigy Drive doesnt seem to though... but I think that probably has something to do with the cable :P lol

thanks for listening and remember...never hold cables down with screws!!! (dont ask me why....)

so now....

WHERE THE HECK CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT AUDIGY DRIVE CABLE??
    they are not the same as a normal IDE cable...

Ring 9666 6500 and they will help ya with ya cable. ;)

Comment

thanks for the quick reply, but I was wondering is there any online store for this?

I would like to order a new cable plus some other things, so if i got them shipped all at once i think it would be better.

thnx again :afro:

Comment

I wouldn't know about that but the phone number is for Creative Australia support. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
        X