Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which CDR-RW is better?

:snip:
    I'm have a big dillema getting the right CD recorder. I have always been to SCSI devices, especially CD recorders. I have one, Yamaha CRW-2100S, for more than a year. Basically, that unit never worked properly. I have sent it to yamaha for repair and after that it had worked maybe for 6 months. Now it will not record a thing. I am now set to buy a new one, but I'm not sure anymore what kind to get. There are ATAPI, USB2.0 and SCSI drives available, which have pluses and minuses. Since my experience with SCSI is kinda bad, I was thinking about USB2.0, but I'm not convinced either. I want to ask the members of this forum for some help. Which drive is the best, that is stable and reliable of course.

Thank you.

My opinion:

- If the burner is going to be put in one machine and left there, then go for ATAPI / IDE. It's easy to set up, everything supports IDE, you don't have additional expenses

- If there's a chance you could use it on multiple PCs, or you don't have any free IDE points, then get a USB 2.0 / Firewire one. It's quick enough, still relatively easy to set up and has the portability option.

Comment

Get ya self an internal IDE CDRW as they are easy to install and run plus they are very fast. I recommend and use LiteOn drives myself. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I recently bought a TDK 48x burner and it rocks! It also had a 100% perfect recording when tested for DAE performance. :)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

I finally decied to get the TDK 52x recorder. So far, from what I can see it is really cool. It's fast in recording and ripping and is stable. The only one bad aspect of the drive is , it is IDE, so it takes up one connection on the IDE bus. But anyway, it is much, much better than Yamaha, which I would not buy anymore in any version.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Working...
            X