new motherboard cpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new motherboard cpu

besides epox what would be a good motherboard to go with a 2.8 or 3 P4 ?!?!?!

I am not too famaliar with the INtel side..but look into ABIT they are very good mobo with good stability when overclocking as well as stock speeds.
    - Damien

Comment

If you want ddr mem then try the Asus P4PE, many friends of mine has got it and they are very pleased with it. It is a very fast and stable board thats suports hyper thread 3ghz+.

Our member mrfin also use it, and he seem to be pleased with it also: http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=6090

:thumb:

Comment

If I was going to blow a big chunk of cash on a 3 GHz P4 - I would make sure I got a Granite Bay motherboard to go with it Asus is advertising the P4G8X - but it's not available yet

If you're impatient & can't wait that long - at least make sure you get an MB w/hyperthread support like an Asus P4PE or an Epox 4PEA+ - I haven't used either so I can't comment on which may be the best

Comment

Yes be patient if possible and get the "Granite Bay" alternative as even with lowly rated DDR sticks it pulls better memory benchmarks than 1066 RDRAM. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The P4G8X is available in Toronto so I think ill buy it and a 2.8 p4 as well. To go with my 9700. Im planning on getting a plextor 48x burner also. Anyone have any more suggestion for more components ??? : ]

ps what ram should i but in this mb ????

Comment

which of these mb is thye best and what is the diff ??????

Comment

Working...
              X