walymart Lycorsis/LX os??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walymart Lycorsis/LX os??

hello folks, anybody got any opinions or exper. with with the linux box and os ver available at wally mart???

Actually Lycoris is one of the first two Linux distros that I want to try, Mandrake 9.0 is the other, as its reported to be the easiest to setup plus very much like XP in looks and function. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

seems to be decent bargin dont know much about the cpu and mobo..i think its 800mhz via C3??? and no monitor. u get a month or two support. does anyone know how the latest distro of RH stacks against Mndrke 9 or Lycoris ? any like xp features?

Comment

I have just installed it. I am a newcomer to Linux and very much feeling my way. I have Mandrake 9 on another harddrive and Lycoris on this one. It looks like XP, it handles like XP, and it does most of what XP does. I can't use my scanner (mainly because Canon won't release the driver info) and as always I am having trouble getting the supplied burner programme to work.

I have had two 'hangs' both times while opening Mozilla. It uses the KDE interface and it is very user friendly.

Here's a screen shot... better than XP I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Ewen
          Here's a screen shot... better than XP I think!
          Dang, That is spooky. The only thing missing is the MSMessenger icon complaining that you have'nt created an account. :cool:

Comment

If ya rename the Messenger folder then that problem disappears. :devil win

I d/l all 4 ISO images last night for Lycoris so as soon as I get a chance I'll start buggin' some of ya's. :D

Comment

i tried lycoris out, its good i think i could get used, wine seemed to work fairly well, and my main problems i had were also with a browser, mainly the kde one not mozilla...

i been told i should have a look at latest mandrake apparantly its bertter

Comment

Yeah I got Mandrake 9.0 as well and System Commander turned up finally so I'll see how I go with 5 different oses on the old K6-3+ (most ppl can screw up well enough with 1 but I'll see if I can do better ;) ). I'm tryin' a few flavours to see what will suit certain ppl as soon I'm likely to be asked to supply PC's with some form of Linux on them. :devil:

Comment

If someone can post how to get the burner programme on Lycoris going (KonCD) I really would appreciate that.

Wiggo you'll love Mandrake 9... I have it on another drive and it's great.

Comment

Well the old K6-3+ said that it was finally time for that rebuild that I've been puttin' off for sometime now so the new server is in place and the K6-3+ is back alive naked on the shelf in the workshop here while it waits for me to mod the case a bit more then it'll be time for some multiboot madness. :D

Comment

decided to try the "OS Refugee Plan" from the Mndrk site and sent them proof of old OS to get $12.50 Mndrk 9 cd. havent got any response yet..yah or nay ??? supposedly n two days they would reply but nothing yet ! i think i ll buy a unsupported copy from over at ...i think Newegg.com for $14.00 shipped..stealthy, i really must get something beyond this dialup. thz for inputs folks

Comment

I've got several versions of Mandrake and Redhat (including the latest) that came with various PC magazines' cover CD's. ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X