X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this eny good in this days

Is this a ok setup or not???

PIII 933MHz/133MHz 256KB On-Die Cache
    Gigabyte MotherBord GA-60XT-A Intel 815EP AGPset Universal Socket 370 AC97 Audio/ 3DIMM
    256Mb-Ram PC-133
    GeForce 2Mx-400 64Mb
    40G Seagate Barracuda ATA IV Ultra ATA/100 7200 rpm
    20G Quantium 5400rpm
    LG-CD/RW 48*16*48
    LG-DVD/ 16*48*

I play lots of games rip DVD's and stuff like that should I upgrate?? or is it good??

Guess it depends on if you are happy with your system. Will it still do every thing you need it to do? I am currently running a duron 750, audigy mp3, geforce2 mx 400, and 448megs of ram under windows xp. I have yet to find a game that I cannot play at a decent framerate. Of couse I do have to turn down some of the options in Morrowind, NFS HP2, and GTA3 but they are all still smooth, clean, and clear. Yes I want a better system. Do I need one? No. Thinking I may still get a few more months out of this one if I pick up a cheap geforce4 MX 440.

The new systems are far faster than either of our systems and no doubt will do everthing we can do better. I'm not truely convienced that I'd get anymore enjoyment out of an increased framerate. However, I do know that my system is already a dinosaur by current hardcore gaming standards and will soon be unable to play the newest and latest games.

If you are going to keep the system for a while longer it would prolly be worth your while to increase your ram. Going from 256 to 448 on my system made a big difference.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

That's about a gozillion times more computer than it took to put a man on the moon!
      But that was some time ago.

PrairieDawg hit the nail on the head, if it get's the job done then your good to go. Yeah, everyone would always like just a bit more - that's human nature. Nothing wrong with getting a new state-of-the-art PC. And there is nothing wrong with working with your tried-and-true system you have now.
      You are going to have to determine for yourself what is best using the ol' formula of task vs. performance vs. cost = what do I really need / what do I really want.

As to the suggestion of adding RAM, I'm going to have to put a qualifier on that based upon the OS you are running. Win 2000 or XP = yes, get more. Win 9x or ME = no, you have all Windows will handle properly.

This is certainly a question which has nagged on us all from time to time. But it sounds like you haven't hit any stone walls yet, so you have time to decide, or wait for the next thing to come along.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
      X