DirectX 9 Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX 9 Final

According to The Inquirer, the final version of DirectX 9 could be out as early as tomorrow, I've used the last five releases
    of DX9 and experienced no problems at all.
    When will MadOnion release 3DMark2003 so that we can run benchmarks on DX9, I haven't benchmarked my system for ages?

MadOnion have changed their name to Futuremark Corp

The release date for the final version of DirectX 9 has now been changed to December the 19th. (The Inquirer)

Futuremark's 3Dmark2003 benchmark application could be available very soon, possibly before Christmas.

Comment

I have a feeling initially there will be very few 10,000+ scores just like with 3dmark2001 in its early days.

the hardware will have to play catch up..

Comment

The Inquirer's release dates for DirectX 9 are purely speculative say Microsoft (Source Neowin)

MS DirectX 9 Beta Admin:

We have not released the ship date to any outside source. You [beta tester] will first be notified in the newsgroups as soon
        as it is released and before it is publicly available on Microsoft.com. The dates you have seen on the Inquirer web site such as
        12/11 or 12/12 are speculation. This includes the final date of 12/19. At this time, we are working hard on the final stages of
        DirectX 9.0 and plan to release it to you as soon as possible.

Comment

I have installed the Direct X 9 beta on my system and I can't run the 3D 2001 mark SE. I keep getting a error saying that I need to install Direct X 8.1.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you
          Mark

Comment

That makes sense, I can't wait to see what new tests Futuremark have created for DX9, no doubt the detail will be mindblowing.

Comment

Mark,

3Dmark2001SE was written for DirectX 8, it doesn't support DX9.
              Soon Futuremark will be releasing 3Dmark2003 which was been written for DirectX 9, you'll have to wait until then.

Comment

That's good to know. This was driving me nutts. So you do have the same problem huh? I thought about uni-stalling Direct X 9 and try to re-run the 3d Mark. I don't want to screw up my system though. I'll have to wait.

Comment

DirectX 9.0 End-User Runtime can be downloaded from here
                  Compatible with the following operating systems Win 98, Win Me, Win 2000, and Win XP

Comment

Microsoft DirectX 9.0 released, but it's far from ready
                    "Anyone who uses this except on a spare machine is nuts"

Exerts from an article at The Inquirer

Comment

DirectX 9.0 beta works just great for me, even in 3dmark 2001se.

:)

Comment

3D Mark 2001SE doesn't support DX9, so why say it runs on your computer when it can't.

Comment

DirectX 9.1 will be launched in March at the Game Developers Conference 2003 in San Jose, California.

Comment

That is just bull, DX9 does NOT stop 2001se from running correctly. Why would i lie? Some systems may have probs with it but mine works fine.

:cheers:

Comment

Just for the record I too am running DX9 and have no problems whatsoever using 2001SE with my system. With an MX card I can't run all of the tests but those that my system was capible of handling before are still functioning perfectly. My benchmarks did drop a little .... 20 -30 points or so but it does work!
                              Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                              X