Hosting WC3 games behind router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting WC3 games behind router

Just picked up a new router, and now if I host a WC3 on Bnet, no one can join it. I looked at Linksys and they have settings for DiabloII but nothing for WC3. Anyone know or seen any settings to allow me to host? Thru a cable modem if it matters....

My friend has that exact problem...when get online again i will let you know...ok...peace out...nice see you play man...
    - Damien

Comment

Firstly, check and se if your router has port forwarding. If so, then you're in luck.

You need to find out what port WC3 uses to play online. Otherwise, your router will most likely be blocking any packets trying to get in to your game. Then, once you know what port number it is, go into your router config and tell it to redirect all incoming packets on that port to your computer's IP.

Make sense? :)

EDIT: Just found &lt;a href="http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msi0445p" target="_blank"&gt;<u>this</u>&lt;/a&gt;. Enjoy.

Comment

Hey thanks Beefy,

Just tried the settings from the site you listed, didn't get it to work, so I just sent a support email to linksys. My router seemed to have more things to check or enter than the info Blizzard listed. Thanks for the link!

FLaCo, we still need to try and hook up on bnet. I see you everyonce in a while. What style games do you play?

Comment

I play solo every once in while but mostly 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4.
          - Damien

Comment

Working...
          X