Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set up the bootloader to use XP as default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set up the bootloader to use XP as default?

How do I set it up so if I just turn the computer on it will load windows instead of linux after it counts down to 0?

Originally posted by RP Racing
    How do I set it up so if I just turn the computer on it will load windows instead of linux after it counts down to 0?
    Ok, ASSUMING that you are running grub as a bootloader, you need to edit the 'default=' line in /boot/grub/grub.conf to point to the WinXP configuration, and you are done.

If you are running LILO, edit the /etc/lilo.conf file 'default' line. with LILO you need to run /sbin/lilo to actually install the changed into the MBR.

Hope this helps., and as always, MAKE A BOOT FLOPPY with /sbin/mkbootdisk, and boot with it to test it. THIS WILL SAVE YOUR A$$.

PS. Nice Bike.

Comment

Originally posted by buggzz
      PS. Nice Bike.

OK found it out .:D

BT Which bike, have 3 of them.:D:D 1 street legal and 2 that arent.:D

Comment

Originally posted by RP Racing
        OK found it out .:D

BT Which bike, have 3 of them.:D:D 1 street legal and 2 that arent.:D
        All of them, I just realized that it was more than one in the pictures. I just sold a Honda Shadow ACE, Nothing fast at all, but still a lot of fun, and it is true.....Chicks dig bikes.

Comment

Well I love to ride. I'd be happy just riding a Harley too. Probably will within 2 yrs since the local kiddies ruined it for the legimate sportbikers with their stunting crap. :mad: Really sad thing is I'd still smoke them in corners with a Softtail.

Heres my YZF750

and my CBR F2 racebike

Comment

Working...
          X