Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good power supply for a 1900XP

Hi all,
    Do any of you guys know of a resonably priced power supply for a 1900XP? AMD specs note 28Amps to the 3.3v etc. Looking around something that fits the bill is easy 80+ bucks (like a tru480), hoping to find something more resonable.

Any of you had experience or suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Dave:confused:

It would depend on what else you have in your sytem. If your loaded with hardware, fans, and a power hungry video card, then you may not have much choice but to spend a bit of money on a psu. But on the other hand, if you dont have too much hardware or too many fans, then you can probably settle for a 350W, or maybe even a 300W , which you can probably get for $50-60. As far as a brand goes, I've always used Antec, but there are other options.

Comment

Have a look around for the SuperFlower brand as these are the ppl who make Enermax, Topower, etc, power supplies which are very good quality plus priced much lower than the rebranded items. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I am about to recieve a 2700+ and is the 350 watt PSU that I have going to be adequate? Any ideas where to purchase a Superflower PSU up here in the states?

Comment

Originally posted by davez
          Hi all,
          Do any of you guys know of a resonably priced power supply for a 1900XP? AMD specs note 28Amps to the 3.3v etc. Looking around something that fits the bill is easy 80+ bucks (like a tru480), hoping to find something more resonable.

Any of you had experience or suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Dave:confused:
          I had a big problem with my system not booting correctly. I narrowed it down to the power requirements needed by my geforce 4 4200ti, along with my fans dual HD's, ect. 300 watts didn't cut it. 350 did. No problems since. and have added cold cathoray tubes and other modds. BTW I have AMD xp1900. Not overclocked...yet :lips:

Comment

The main thing to check with PSU's is the total combined wattage of the 3.3 and 5 volt rails. 185w should be reguarded as the minimum required (and yes some systems will work with less but an upgrade maybe enough to bring it to it's knees. I've been pickin' up Eagle PSU's lately that are rated at 350W but the 3.3 and 5 volt rails total 200W which I've found is more that enough for most setups (even for troublesome ECS K7S5A mobo's). ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I bought a Enermax 431W PSU dammit! 6 months ago, I wasted money.. But it does not compare to a generic PSU in quality and apparently the hevier a PSU is the better it is.. No to sure.

A mate's 300W generic PSU blew on:

Athlon XP1700+
              Burner
              DVD
              2x HDs
              Raedon 9500 Pro
              Audigy
              NIC

We went and just bought a 400W generic PSU for $50AU as he didn't have that much money, all seems to be running fine now! :)

We think when he got the new graphics card it overloaded.

Comment

I'm running a 230W PSU on the following:

Athlon XP 1800+
                LiteOn burner
                2 x HDD
                Geforce 3
                SB Live
                NIC
                3 x case fans

Works a treat. :) I just seem to be lucky.

Comment

I just got a True430 for Christmas and it's great. I can load it up with anything I want and it doesn't even flinch. It is right around that $80 mark, but it is one of the best PSU's you can get, IMHO.

I just checked pricewatch and found THIS

Hope that helps.

:bounce:
                  <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
                  Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
                  Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
                  2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
                  80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
                  </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
                  Blaster Live!<br>
                  Volcano 7+<br>
                  GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
                  19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
                  </p></td></tr></table>

Comment

Working...
                  X