PDA

View Full Version : Most played/anticipated game(s) at the moment...

Beefy
01-22-2002, 09:01 AM
Just curious to see what everyone is playing a lot of at the moment... Doesn't matter which system the game is on, just wanna know what's managed to keep you occupied lately... or what you are looking forward to playing when it comes out..

I've been playing a fair bit of Ghost Recon on PC and SSX: Tricky on PS2.. Waiting for FFX to be released in Australia so I can give that a good working over...

Andy
01-22-2002, 09:41 AM
TFC 2 and SOF 2 for me

cybermick
01-22-2002, 10:33 AM
Well I just purchased Diablo II (yeah I know it's been out for ages), looking forward to Unreal 2 to come out (especially the single player aspect) :shoot: :beer: :shoot: :beer: :shoot2: :thumb:

Darthtanion
01-22-2002, 10:55 AM
Playing a lot of Diablo2 at the moment and am waiting for Neverwinter Nights to finally make it to the streets.

Beefy
01-22-2002, 11:09 AM
NWN isn't looking so good anymore.. I mean, it'll be a great game, but there was a big problem that cropped up a while ago.. here's a copy of what Gamespy had to say about it:

Neverwinter Nights recently hit another snag when BioWare announced that they were ending their publishing contract with Interplay. Unfortunately, Interplay owns the exclusive license to the Forgotten Realms for the next few years. Hopefully, the two companies will reconcile, or the licensing situation will change so that BioWare can potentially find a new publisher and the suffering of fans can end.

From what i've seen of it so far, it looks like a great game. I know many people, myself included, who have been waiting for this for a long time now. Sadly, if/when it finally makes it out, unless they fix it up a little, it sounds like it might be a little dated...

Olie
01-22-2002, 01:27 PM
playing:
MAx PAyne
Tony HAwk Pro Skater 2
Quake 1
Ghost recon demo
Rainbow 6 - Black thawn

looking foward to:
UNREAL 2
SOF 2

Osiris
01-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Just curious to see what everyone is playing a lot of at the moment... Doesn't matter which system the game is on, just wanna know what's managed to keep you occupied lately... or what you are looking forward to playing when it comes out..

I've been playing a fair bit of Ghost Recon on PC and SSX: Tricky on PS2.. Waiting for FFX to be released in Australia so I can give that a good working over...

Tr... tr.... Tricky!!!

Love it, play it whenever I can.

wuntvor
01-22-2002, 06:29 PM
playing mech commander 2 and black & white atm

always on the lookout for RPG and strategy games :D

Beefy
01-22-2002, 07:44 PM
It's TRICKY!!!!

hehe.. at least someone understands me.. :D

Just got my hands on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault full version.. Now here is a game that beats Wolfenstein hands down.. started going through the single player campaign, it's great...

Olie
01-22-2002, 09:14 PM
Beefy how often do you buy a new game?

Beefy
01-23-2002, 05:47 AM
Buy a new game? let's see.. in the last 6 months I bought..... 2 PC games.... :) Wolf and Diablo II Expansion.

cybermick
01-23-2002, 07:41 AM
I gotta admit I have been found guilty for actually buying a few games lately and within a month of each other :eek: what can I say I bought T2 cause it is good over a LAN (pitty no-one really played it (with the latest version) @ MORB II) still plays good on the NET though even with high pings. And Diablo 2 I bought about a week ago (needed a good single player game so I could ramp up the d/loads ;-) ) That's my excuse anyhow :D

Nick
01-23-2002, 10:42 AM
SimGolf! God that game is wierd hehe

As for peeps playing Ghost Recon, how do you finish lvl 14? i kill lots of peeps and still dont clear the pass's. There are no red dots on the indicator at the pass areas and they still dont get cleared.

Beefy
01-23-2002, 10:52 AM
hehe.. speaking of SimGolf, here's what <a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-01-18&res=l" target="_blank">Penny Arcade</a> think on the subject... pretty funny

Nick
01-23-2002, 11:08 AM
:cackle:

Albinus
01-23-2002, 12:13 PM
looking foward to:
UNREAL 2
SOF 2

Same here ;)

Bahamut Zer0
01-23-2002, 07:44 PM
Playing Ghost Recon at the moment. Awesome game.

RtCW is ****. Typical ID software game.
MOH:AA owns it.

Recently got Operation Flashpoint. Have just finished it and have the expansion on order.
Yes- that means I actually paid for a game AND the expansion.

Looking forward the SoF2 and Unreal2. I think everybody is. :)

btw Beefy- that Bond game for the PS2 is called '007: Agent under fire' Playing it again today, pretty sick game.

Osiris
01-23-2002, 08:08 PM
btw Beefy- that Bond game for the PS2 is called '007: Agent under fire' Playing it again today, pretty sick game.

Not as sick as Tr... Tr.... Tricky!!!

Olie
01-23-2002, 08:15 PM
cone som1 give me a description of this "tricky game"?

Beefy
01-24-2002, 05:51 AM
It's... it's... TRICKY!!!

Have ya heard the Run DMC song 'Tricky'? That's the theme song.. (well, a new mix of it..)

Basically, it's the sequel to SSX, which was a briliant snowboarding game on PS2.. They've included a heap more stuff in this one, and it's just good fun to play.. It's not a 'serious' snowboarding game like a lot of the others.. they don't even attempt to make it seem real.. but it's just great fun.

Everytime you build up this big bar thing on the side, you get Tricky mode (so you repeatedly hear the word Tricky... :) ).. then you get to do some unbelievable moves...

Olie
01-24-2002, 10:28 AM
SSX with improvements! sounds good :)

yeah i know the song :)

Anonymous
01-24-2002, 10:29 AM
Don't have time to play games.

Beefy
01-24-2002, 11:21 AM
BLASPHEMY!!!

:)

that's ok.. we can accept that... *faints from shock*

Anonymous
01-24-2002, 04:45 PM
BLASPHEMY!!!

:)

that's ok.. we can accept that... *faints from shock*

Well only at LAN's like this one: http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=72

Osiris
01-24-2002, 05:23 PM
It's... it's... TRICKY!!!

Have ya heard the Run DMC song 'Tricky'? That's the theme song.. (well, a new mix of it..)

Basically, it's the sequel to SSX, which was a briliant snowboarding game on PS2.. They've included a heap more stuff in this one, and it's just good fun to play.. It's not a 'serious' snowboarding game like a lot of the others.. they don't even attempt to make it seem real.. but it's just great fun.

Everytime you build up this big bar thing on the side, you get Tricky mode (so you repeatedly hear the word Tricky... :) ).. then you get to do some unbelievable moves...

Actually, on the DVD special stuff, they claim that all the moves are 'theoretically possible'. Pfffffft. But who cares. They're cool!

Olie
01-24-2002, 05:33 PM
hey kewl articel tweak :)

Beefy
01-24-2002, 06:34 PM
Actually, on the DVD special stuff, they claim that all the moves are 'theoretically possible'. Pfffffft. But who cares. They're cool!

That's a load of crap.. i'd like to see someone lie down on their board, do three barrel rolls, get back on it and land...

Bahamut Zer0
01-24-2002, 06:39 PM
Well....with some massive air, im sure its 'theoretically' possible to have a cpu of tea and eat a doghnut as well.

I think by 'theoretically' they actually mean 'Landing optional'

:D

Osiris
01-24-2002, 08:03 PM
^^^

Hehe.

Well, who cares. I't's cool anyway :D.

Thoric
01-25-2002, 12:26 PM
finished Max Payne a couple of days back, back into homeworld now.

Bahamut Zer0
01-25-2002, 07:25 PM
Finished Max Payne (again, on harder difficulty setting) today. What a total load of crap that game was....

Have played Homeworld on and off ever since it came out. Awesome game! Didnt know anyone else still played it...everytime I goto the lobby its deserted. They are all playing that horrendeous expansion....

Did anyone play Clive Barker's Undying?
Picked it up cheap and its totally freaky. I reccomend you empty your bladder every hour so as not to have any....accidents.

Beefy
01-26-2002, 03:55 PM
Undying and American McGee's Alice.. they are both really good games to play at night with loud sound... :thumb:

Bahamut Zer0
01-26-2002, 04:43 PM
ooooh, i saw alice on special at kmart too. shoulda got it!

mate of mine is heaps wimpy and refuses to play those type of games after dark. Hell, he wont even come play multiplayer avp2 with me unless were lanning...wuss.

Olie
01-26-2002, 06:58 PM
lol
i played AVP2 at night after watching a scary movie.
i made the fatal mistake of playing it on a 21:" screen with the 5.1 system fully cranked

you could hear EVERYTHING! made me keep looking around

Synthetic
01-27-2002, 11:07 AM
now i feel poor again :(
i want a 21" monitor and a 5.1 system:cry:

.....and a whole new computer..

cybermick
01-27-2002, 11:40 AM
LOL nice how ya added the whole new system bit at the end :clap:

Thoric
01-28-2002, 10:31 AM
Finished Max Payne (again, on harder difficulty setting) today. What a total load of crap that game was....

Have played Homeworld on and off ever since it came out. Awesome game! Didnt know anyone else still played it...everytime I goto the lobby its deserted. They are all playing that horrendeous expansion....

Did anyone play Clive Barker's Undying?
Picked it up cheap and its totally freaky. I reccomend you empty your bladder every hour so as not to have any....accidents.

yeah homeworld is a bloody good game. but damn it gets jerky with 100 frigates etc. yeah im looking for the expansion and homeworld 2 is out or coming according to sierrastudios.com. :thumb: